Fifteen | Alternate Love Letter AU

You all thought that I had something up my sleeve?

You thought wrong.

This is just a simple alternate Universe.

Nothing more, and nothing less.

→☻←

"Keith- where is Keith?!"

Lance and Keith moved away from each other, only to hear someone telling the person that they were in the abandoned apartment on the top floor. Maybe if they were quieter, or more secretive no one would've known where they went. Lance moves Keith behind him, slowly standing up to guard the person he cares the most about.

He regretted every mean word he said to Keith, and he regretted every time he wasn't there, protecting him like a knight in shinning armor.

"Keith you were supposed to be in your room, studying- not spending your time in this disgusting room." A woman's voice pierces the air, as does a males. "Your mother is right Keith-"

The door swings open, revealing two middle aged adults, one with short black hair, and almost grey eyes, and another with short brown hair. "Mom- Dad.." Keith says from behind Lance.

Lance watches as his parents walk into the abandoned apartment, he could see what was going on beyond their happy faces, the faces that said, we're happy to of found our son. He could see the betrayal that Keith couldn't.

"Keith, remember what you told me, remember-"

"Lance, t-they're still my parents."

Lance looks at Keith, who intertwined his fingers with Lance's. "I know what I said, but look- they came to get me."

Keith's eyes were clouded over, and glossy.

But Lance couldn't keep him. Keith had to make his own decisions, just like always.

Keith had been through way too much not to be persuaded anyways. Maybe if it were someone different, someone like Matt, things could've been different. "Keith, I want to support you- but if you go with them, who knows what will happen." Lance says, his eyes on Keith's parents.

"Come on Keith, we just want to talk to you. We can change, we can make everything better."

Lance stares at Keith's parents with disgust, while the hold on his friends hand grows tighter.

"Lance, I love you." Is all Keith says before Lance can feel his hand grow empty. No longer was there a pale, and cold hand, holding his.

He watched as Keith walked towards his parents, and even though he wanted to tell Keith to stop- he felt the words get caught up in his throat. He had this terrible feeling, as if preparing himself for the loss of a lifetime.

Lance returns to his own apartment, an hour or so after Keith left.

And he opens the door; just to be met with his parents, with worried expressions on their faces.

"Lance, are you okay?" His mother asks, wrapping her arms around her son who was suddenly on the brink of tears. His father joined in, holding his son as if it were the last time. "We got an email from the school, they said- that you have this, eating disorder, called bulimia?" His mother asks, wiping away her sons tears. "I-I-" again, Lance found the words stuck in his throat. "Ohh honey," his mother whispers, going in for another hug.