Tattoos | Interactive AU 4 -1-

*Based off of another fan fiction of mine*

I know it's been a while since I've last written anything for this book, but I've been attempting to avoid Wattpad, the only time I'm really on here is to update my main BTS book right now which is Guns and Roses.

But you guys deserve some love too, so here's an interactive AU for you all.

~

As the one writing this story, I get to choose the beginning. I get to choose from which options you choose, and from there where the story will take you. And this time, unfortunately is no different. At least, the beginning isn't different.

This is a story about soulmates, drawn together by tattoos, at the age of eighteen. Unless, they aren't given a tattoo.

And without a tattoo, what does it mean to live in a world with soulmates?

Does it mean loneliness?

Perhaps.

~

Lance McClain, twenty-one years old, and currently a college student majoring in psychology for whatever reason. It was mostly his parents' idea, they thought it would give him job offerings in the future, but all it's given him so far is a pain in his ass. The work is too much, and the classes are boring. Who would want to learn about the human's brain anyway? Wasn't that the job of those cliche doctors on those soap opera shows?

And he did indeed have a tattoo, one on his wrist. It was a feather, however he did not earn this feather. He got it on his nineteenth birthday of his own free will. There was no way he'd allow his future lover to rest in the hands of some unknown being that some people even called, 'God.' But he told his family anyways that he had found a soulmate on his eighteenth birthday, and they couldn't of been happier. He expressed to them that his soulmate had to leave the country to study aboard, and that he wasn't sure when they'd be back.

That was another problem. The whole, 'coming out to your family' scenario, never quite happened. At this point his family could call him a compulsive liar and he wouldn't blame them. Because it was so beyond true. But at the same time, coming out as bisexual to your incredibly religious family wasn't Lance's cup of tea. So he'd continue to lie about his girlfriend living abroad for as long as he humanly could.

"Hey, McClain, get your head out of your ass, class is over." A voice interrupts Lance's thoughts, his eyes falling onto a pair of dark brown, almost black ones. "Keith. Nice to see you this fine, uh..morning." "It's three in the afternoon. Do you even pay attention?" Keith asks back, rolling his eyes in response to Lance's shrug. "Listen. I get that you don't like psychology, but as my roommate, and someone I consider as a friend--I need your help."

An hour had passed, and the two roommates gathered in their dorm room, in silence. "So you asked me for your help. What is it exactly you need help with?" Lance asks, grabbing a can of soda from the small fridge in their room. "I need you to have an open mind," Keith begins, breaking eye contact with the brunette. "Umm..Ok." Lance responds while taking a seat on his bed. "Alright I'm just gonna say it. Will you--" "just spit it out already."

"Will you be my soulmate?"

Wait a second. Backtrack.

Did Keith Kogane, aka the smartest student he knew, and his roommate--just ask him to be his soulmate? Lance McClain? The guy who thinks of one night stands as a normality?

"I just need a soulmate, because my parents are expecting to meet them this weekend when they visit for family day."

That sounds more like Keith. "We don't even have the same tattoo dumbo. Do you even have a tattoo--"

"Yes, in fact I do. I received one on my eighteenth birthday, but um..It didn't work out." Keith rolls up his sleeve, to show a tattoo that's been placed on his arm. It's nothing too extravagant, just the words, 'I love' written in cursive on his arm. "My actual soulmate has the rest of it on their arm.." He trails off, the sadness in his voice becoming apparent to Lance, who's full attention is now on his roommate.

He was fully invested now. Who knew Keith was so secretive.

"Do they know, that you're gay?" Lance asks, opening the can of sprite. "I just don't want them to run away the second they see me. Or I don't know, maybe they'll be accepting."

"I told them." Keith reassures, pulling the sleeve over his tattoo. "The relationship won't last long, but I can't let them know what really happened. Please, Lance, will you do this for me?"

~

Remember how I said things would be different this time around?

Well, I wouldn't want you to be left in the dark with my vague options, being mislead is the worst feeling in the world. So I'll start you off with a sentence of dialogue, and from there you'll choose.

Does that sound good?

1. "Will I do this for you? I'm not sure. Considering this friendship of ours has been short lived. What's in it for me?"

2. Lance is silent for a moment or two, avoiding Keith's gaze. Usually his family came to these family days, or whatever they were called. Would he be willing to risk coming out, in front of everyone?

3. "Ya know what, I have nothing too lose. I'm in."

4. "The thing is Keith. my family might come to this thing. And I haven't come out yet. So I'll have to think about it. Give me..until the end of today."

5. "We don't even have the same tattoo, or even connecting ones. Why would people believe this relationship, unless you have an idea?"

6. "Why don't you tell me about your original soulmate instead, since you were so lucky to get one."

Lots of options, which means many different paths. Choose wisely, because who knows where each option will truly take you.