Colorless | Disabled Keith and Lance AU

Art: If you know, please tell me!

Heyo~~ this is a request, and one that I'm super happy about writing to say the least.

Recently, I've just felt so drained, and uninspired. That's why my oneshots haven't been as nice as i'd like them to be; but this one, I'm super hopeful for.

I hope you enjoy deaf Keith and color blind Lance.

[This oneshot is Unedited rn so please don't point out my mistakes in the comments!]

→☻←

High school is a difficult place to navigate. 

Especially when you're color blind, and deaf.

And that's what Lance McClain, and Keith Takashi are.

Lance McClain is color blind, and Keith Takashi is deaf.

And to add onto that, they both have the biggest crushes on each other.

Lance sits at his desk, tapping his finger against the wood with anticipation for the bell to ring; alerting the brunette of his next class with the one and only Keith Takashi. He hadn't even noticed his teacher, Mrs. Honerva, calling out his name. He was just so engulfed in watching the clock.

Two more minutes.

"Mr. McClain!" Mrs. Honerva yells, the chalk in her clenched fists breaking with the sudden anger. It really was sudden, and the students immediately shut up after she yelled at the timid and shy brunette. "Yes?" Lance asks quietly, his hands shaking; nerves rushing through his bloodstream. Why couldn't those two minutes just race by now? "Are you deaf Mr. McClain?" His teacher asks, which results in many gasps from the students. "No Mrs. Honerva-" Lance mumbles, feeling as though tears are about to fall from his eyes. "Then answer my question next time."

And then the bell rings.

Relief floods Lance's mind as he rushes out of the torturous classroom. It only takes a few seconds for his shaking hands to steady, and for his breathing to get under control. But that's all ruined by two people, who were following Lance to ask about how he was feeling after that shitty class. The taller male lightly hits Lance's back playfully, while the smaller female walks next to Lance. "Hunk- Katie- you both scared me.." Lance lets out while trying to calm his breathing once again. He really hated getting scared, because it just added onto his already crappy personality. He was a wuss. The taller male flashes a large, boxed smile, while the shorter female just simply smiles; her glasses slightly falling down the bridge of her nose. "Sorry about that buddy," Hunk says while taking a small step away from Lance, to give him personal space. Katie on the other hand, gives no regard to Lance's space when she nudges his shoulder. "Honerva was being a bitch back there." She mutters, slight anger in her voice. "Language -" Lance spats out, "she has a point Lance." Hunk intervenes. "It was my fault for not paying attention anyways." Lance admits, though, he can feel the glares his friends are giving him from both sides of his small, skinny body. "It wasn't you're fault Lance. Honestly." Katie says while giving him a salute. "Honerva just doesn't understand love. Not even when it's right in front of her. I swear to god, she's blind to it." Hunk says with a chuckle. "You're totally right about that Hunk. I saw Principle Zarkon giving her googly eyes yesterday, and all she did in return was stare at him like she wanted to pierce his chest. It was hilarious." Katie can't help but laugh loudly, wiping away at her eyes to avoid any stray tears reaching her flushed cheeks. The first bell rings before Lance has a chance to say anything, and thats when the friends decide to split ways. "Remember Lance, Honerva is a bitch!" Katie yells, walking off with Hunk, hand in hand. The last thing Lance hears is Katie being asked to the office.