Nightmarish | Feverish! Keith Au

Art: If you know who it belongs to plz comment!

I hope you enjoyed the first update this week, though the underlining idea for the oneshot was the mental illness of depression- it still was nice to write a oneshot that was special to me personally.

Anyways, this oneshot is a request! Think of it as a more fun oneshot, that is- until the title starts to come into play.

Hope you enjoy the klangst 💜

[This one shot is still being edited, so if there are any mistakes- please to not point them out. Thank you.]

→☻←

Keith's Point of View.

I felt so unbelievably sick.

And not in the, it's just an everyday cold- type of way. But the kind that has you throwing up in secret so your friends don't hear your cries of help from the bathroom floor as the nausea subsides.

Who knows what everyone would do if they heard my dying cries.

And the worse part, that doesn't include me being sick- are these nightmares- no, make that, night terrors that I've been having almost every night.

They always start off with me running down a dramatically long hallway that doesn't seem to have an end. Sounds cliche, right? But I'm being serious. Anyways, as I finally make it to the supposed end of the hallway- something spears me, and I'm not sure what it is.

And I start to choke on my blood as it fills my throat and chest-

Regular point of view.

Lance storms into Keith's room, a bright smile on his face. He looks over at his friend, who looks as though he's hiding something under his pillow. "What's that, your angsty journal?" Lance snickers; walking over to Keith's side.

"What do you want?" Keith asks while rubbing sweat off of his forehead. Lance takes notice, making a mental note of Keith's behavior.

It wasn't hot in his room at all, in fact it was freezing.

But Lance soon leaves the suspicious thought aside. "Shiro wants us to train!" He exclaims, clasping his hands together.

"Tell Shiro that I have my period, I don't want to train today."

Lance can't help but chuckle at the comment his friend makes, but while he lets out the quiet laugh- he makes another mental note; one that he plans to keep in his mind.

Keith can't be on his period, because he's not of the female gender.

Keith pulls Lance out of his thoughts, snapping his fingers to regain the brunettes attention. "Did you hear me dumbass?" He asks. Lance nods, still slightly confused at the statement his friend made.

And Keith takes notice of his confusion.

"You're so stupid." He mumbles, trying to steady his slightly shaky breath. "I can't have a period Lance! So stop thinking about it!" He says with annoyance riddled in his voice. "I don't know how you got into the garrison with a brain like yours."

Lance makes another mental note after dropping the one about periods.

Keith is mad for some reason, more mad than usual.