Wrong Number | Interactive AU 2 -1-

I guess we are here once again, going over the same story over and over again.

Just with different scenarios.

Let me explain, at the end of the following chapters; you will all choose an option.

That option will decide the fate of our beloved characters, Keith, and Lance.

→☻←

Lance sits in front of his computer screen, yelling into a gaming mic with a controller in his hands. "Get the fuck up before the zombies get you-" and then he sighs loudly, feeling as though he wants to cry as the GAME OVER title screen plays itself. "I'm sorry Lance, C.O.D stresses me out!" Hunk yells into the mic, which ears a quiet chuckle from Matt. "Wusses," a female voice grumbles. "I agree with Pidge," Lance mutters while choosing to restart the game. 

The timer starts, and Lance begins walking around the map.

Matt, Pidge, and Hunk, do the same thing.

And then Lance's phone starts vibrating against his wooden desk. Which causes him to groan angrily, "who the actual fuck-" Lance flips his phone over, reading the message.

He pauses, and takes a deep breath. 

"You okay Lance?" Pidge asks while jumping in front of Lance's character.

"Yeah I'm fine, it was just my dad asking about how my day was.." Lance responds, replying to his father with a half assed, 'yeah it was fine. I turned in my 10/10 english essay.' Lance turns his phone over, and looks at the screen- his heart jumping out of his chest when he sees the horde of zombies walking towards him. "Ustedes pendejos!" The brunette yells into his mic, causing most of his friends' ears to bleed. "What did he say? Can anyone translate?" Matt asks, as Pidge clears her throat. "He called us.. uhh.." And her voice trails off, lost in thought. "I called you assholes!" Lance says as he shoots the last of the zombies. "Oh ok that makes sense." Hunk chimes in, running around the map like his character is drunk off of that weird beer that they supply the players from time to time.

Soon the third level starts, sending the gamers into full throttle.

And then Lance's phone vibrates, however he ignores it.

Another level passes, and another.

And his phone continues to vibrate.

Of course, he ignores the alarming vibrations every time.

The team of four soon make it to level fourteen, and just as before- Lance gets down third to last, leaving Hunk to fend for himself against the zombies and undead dogs. "B-But I don't want to kill the dogs, even if they're scary! They're still dogs! Dog lives matter!" Hunk screams into the mic with passion as a dog finally takes him down, earning the team yet another game over.

"Mierda.." Lance mumbles, rubbing at his temples. "I can't believe this." Though he couldn't say that he was surprised by Hunks' actions. After all, he was a sucker for dogs. Video game version, or real. "This was fun, but I think I'm gonna turn in for the night. I have to get up at six for some class." Pigde yawns, and before anyone can say goodbye- her profile disappears from the Skype call. "I'm gonna go too, bye guys." Matt mumbles tiredly, leaving Hunk and Lance.

"One more round, big guy?" Lance asks with a teasing tone, earning a laugh from the other end.

"You fucking know it," Hunk says into his mic, gripping his controller close to his chest.

However, the fifth level came, and without Pidge to heartlessly deal with the dogs- Hunk surrendered himself immediately. Leaving Lance to commit suicide as well.

Lance's phone had gone off another sixteen times.

"God damn Lance, you should really start sexting your bf back." Hunk grumbled, shutting off his Xbox. "Shut the fuck up, I'm not sexting anyone. I don't even have a boyfriend." Lance sighs, slowly reaching for his phone. "Whatever." Hunk says while smiling to himself, for some reason, having a good feeling about these messages.

As if they were Lance's calling.

"Go to bed Hunk, I'll see you tomorrow in Business class okay?" Lance asks while turning off his own Xbox, "yeah yeah.. goodnight Lance. And answer those messages, for the dogs!" That's when Lance ends the Skype call, trying to keep his laughter to a minimum. "Idiot.." Lance says under his breath, pushing himself away from his desk as he grabs his phone.

He unlocks it, just to see 63 messages from a random number. "What the fuck?" He says to himself, his tone filled with panic. "This has gotta be some troll. Probably constructed by Pidge." Lance chuckles, imagining his younger friend doing something like this. If she was one thing, it was definitely computer smart. "Let's see what you got going on here Pidge, Hmm?" Lance hums quietly, punching in his over the top password to reveal the first few messages. It went from 63 messages, to 71 in a matter of seconds, maybe the weird coding shit was malfunctioning. "Hm.. Let's call you troll number 18." Lance smiles to himself, beginning to read the following messages.

Private Number:

Hey, are you awake?

I know it's late.

But I'm real fucking scared.

I don't know what to do.

You are literally the only person that cares at this point-

Which also scares me.

Because what if you don't like me anymore after this?

What then?

Lance chuckles to himself, deciding to just skip a few of the harmless messages. It was like he was playing through one of those interactive stories. As if he were controlling bot number 18.

I wanna jump off of this bridge into the steep rocks that I hope would impale me upon contact.

Lance's chuckling stops.

And he goes back to reread the messages he lost.

It's so dark out tonight.

And the clouds in the sky are barely visible now.

I wonder what would happen if I were to misstep?

If I were to fall, right now?

Would you really care, hmm?

I know for damn sure I wouldn't.

Listen, in my apartment, there's a box under my bed with an unofficial will that I wrote last second. 

Please make sure my cat, Lotor, makes it.

I love that fucking cat.

I remember when you used to call me names like that. 

Back when we were still together.

Remember that, baby?

I used to call you that all of the time.

Hey baby?

I wanna jump off of this bridge into the steep rocks that I hope would impale me upon contact.

Lance's heart race was increasing by the second, and as he continued to scroll through the short messages he truly wondered if this was real or not. Pidge's sense of humor sure as hell wasn't this messed up. She would never go this far.

Lance was so unbelievably close to leaving the messaging app to call 9-1-1, but something was stopping him.

What if he tried talking to this person?

Do you want someone to talk to?

Send?

Yes | No

 →☻←

What would you do, if someones life was in your hands?

1. Should Lance try talking back to this person?

2. Should he block the number?