"Change" // Highschool Au Pt.3

Artist: Idk because I couldn't find who it belonged to, but if you know please comment down below!

HOLY SHIT BALLS WE REACHED 500 READS IN A DAY- I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH! IT MEANS SO MUCH THAT YOU ENJOY READING MY ONE SHOTSS~

And remember I want to give back to you all, so if you ever want to request please do!

----------//----------

Keith had fallen asleep a while ago, leaving Lance to lay next to him, wide awake. Keith's head was resting upon Lance's chest. The room was quiet, except for the muffled whimpers that came from Keith occasionally. What a day, Lance began thinking that if he never took Keith out- maybe he could've been with his mother during her last few moments. He felt so bad, and whenever Lance heard these small cries that broke the silence, he felt the guilt and regret grow Inside of him even more. It's not like Lance could make Keith feel better, telling him about his dead uncle probably made Keith feel even worse. And having a damn make out session didn't help either. Lance sighs and glances over at Keith who has an expression of sadness written across his face. Lance takes the hand that's wrapped around Keith and brushes the hair from his face while he smiles. "I'm sorry about your mom Keith. I-.. know you're sleeping and all that but I want you to know that after all these years, it's been my fanboy dream to be laying down next to you. It's stupid I know. But ever since Junior High I've had the biggest crush on you, I guess it really showed tonight." Lance inhales deeply and looks back up at the ceiling. "I'm sorry about your mom. She's in a better place now I promise. I bet she's watching down on you right now, laughing at my poor attempt to make you happy. I don't even know what I'm saying. She probably thinks I'm crazy for talking to you while you're sleeping..-" Lance looks back at Keith and feels his face suddenly turn a light pink when he sees that Keith's eyes are slightly open. "I've been awake this whole time. I bet she is laughing, because that's what I'm doing too.." Keith says with a chuckle as Lance face palms. "I guess I really am the idiot in this- whatever you might call it. Like.. what do you call a relationship between the school jackass and school pushover?" Keith shifts slightly at the term Lance used to describe him as he shrugs. "Well what do you call a relationship between two friends who got in a fight over their crushes for each other?" Keith asks as Lance runs a hand through his brunette hair, "Maybe we could call it-" Keith takes in a deep breath and interrupts Lance by spatting out, "Will you be my boyfriend Lance?" Keith feels his own face become warmer as Lance smiles. "I mean- yeah, sure, fuck the school stereotypes. They didn't mean anything to me anyways." He says before gently kissing Keith's forehead. "I'm going to assume that's a yes." Keith says while Lance nods, "Spot on Mullet."

The next day arrives and around eight in the morning Lance is woken up by his younger siblings jumping on him. "What the hell guys-" He spats out while shoving them off of him. "Wake up wake up wake up!" His younger brother yells while pulling at Lance's arm so harshly it feels as though it's going to be ripped off. Keith shifts slightly and slowly sits up. "What a nice way to be woken up.." He says with a slight laugh while Lance's younger sister runs up from behind to give him a tight hug. "Mom says, 'Tell Lance and Keith that I want to see them.'" One of his siblings say while placing her hands on her hips like their mom. Lance groans loudly and quickly throws on his shirt from yesterday before standing up. He reaches out his hand for Keith, which the shorter male takes. "Alright you little gremlins go tell mom that Keith and I will be down there in a minute." Lance says while shoving his sisters and brother out of his room. "I don't know what it is, but- your siblings always give me a smile. If I can remember correctly it's always been that way, to think that even after three years they still crack me up." Lance walks over to Keith and wraps his arms around him while resting his head on his shoulder, "Keith-.. I wanted to ask how you're doing." Lance says while Keith slightly tenses up, "I'm not breaking down right now. Isn't that a good sign?" He says while Lance sighs. "I just wanted to make sure. It only happened yesterday.." Keith steps away from Lance to give him a quick hug. "As long as I have you and Shiro, and my mom watching over me- I know that everything will be alright." He says while Lance returns the hug. A second later a bloodcurdling scream can be heard from the kitchen while Keith begins laughing, "We should go see my mom then." Lance says as he hands Keith an extra shirt. "She's the same as always," Keith says while putting on the shirt. "I'm surprised she hasn't ripped my head off for making her wait so long for us." Lance says as he walks towards the door. "Maybe she's just waiting for you to get downstairs." Keith says while following the taller male downstairs.