Just Friends // Childhood Friend Au

Omg it's been like forever since I uploaded- also, I can't stop listening to Dead girl walking- so that's why I haven't written or published any chapters, cuz it's been consuming my life.

I hope you enjoy adulting Klance, and their nostalgia 💙❤️

----------//----------

Lance McClain, a worker at the local flower shop. Dedicated, hoping to get a promotion. And Keith Galran. [Last minute last name ;)] He's just finishing college, wanting nothing more but to settle down somewhere in town with his cat he had kept with his parents. The two, though in separate worlds- were closer than any other pair. You see, when the both of them were younger, around the age of ten- Lance was forced to move away with the rest of his family. Keith was devastated, losing the only friend he had at the time was like being shot in the heart. But after a month or two, he had found more friends. One of them going by the name of Shirogane Takashi, Shiro for short. Lance on the other hand, remembered his friend for as long as he could- until it was time to move on. He soon also found friends, Katie, who went by the nickname of Pidge, and Hunk- who was the size of a giant teddy bear present time. Lance had no idea, but Keith had bought a small apartment above the one Lance owned- in the building down the road from the flower shop.

Present Day

Lance woke up with the sun, he stood up from his bed and sighed when he looked down at the messy hallway. Him and his friends had- partied- last night, somehow throwing a congratulations in there for Hunk graduating. He somehow avoided tripping over the crushed cans of beer and soda, almost losing his footing on a stray streamer. Lance makes his way to Hunk who seems to be passed out on the floor. Before he can wake him up, Lance looks at his table to see Pidge drinking a cup of coffee. "I wouldn't do that Lance." She says while taking a sip, "Hunk isn't the happiest in the morning." Lance sighs and steps aside from the sleeping teddy bear, he walks into his small kitchen and brews himself his own cup of coffee. "Why are you up then?" Lance asks while taking a mug out of a cabinet. Pidge averts her gaze over to Lance as she shrugs, "The sun woke me up, it was peering straight through my eyelids." Lance chuckles under his breath and walks over to the table, pulling out a chair from across his friend. "When do you think Hunk will wake up- because I have to leave for work in an hour." Lance says while looking at the passed out Hunk. Pidge takes another sip of coffee, "He could sleep for the whole day. I wouldn't worry about him, and it's the weekend- so I can stay here while he stays in this coma like state." Lance laughs once again, "I had no idea you could be so sarcastic in the morning." Lance replies while drinking some of his own coffee, "I know right- usually you're the sarcastic one, trying to get all of the ladies like you think you know what you're doing." Lance's jaw drops, "Wow- that actually hit me hard Pidge. Well, I mean.. I definitely know what I'm saying." Pidge puts her mug down while trying to keep in her obnoxious laughter, "Now that's funny Lance." She says while Lance finishes his cup of coffee. "Whatever Pidge- just, clean up. Or something like that." He says while walking towards his bathroom to freshen up.

Keith starts his morning with millions of messages pouring into his phone from no one other than the infamous Shiro. He throws his phone across the room, regretting it immediately. He scurries out of his bed, fumbling over something that was on the floor. Keith had barely gotten any sleep last night, because right under him some idiots were partying like there was no tomorrow. Fuckers. He repeated many times before getting back in bed, ignoring his phone which was still blowing up, even on the other side of his room. A few hours later, around nine in the morning, Keith finally decided to get up. When he gets out of bed, he avoids tripping over the same red lion he had tripped over earlier that morning. When Keith finally finds his phone amidst the mess he calls his room, he screams out in disappointment. "You fucking idiot Shiro- getting with Allura of all people.." He flips through the many photos that waisted Shiro sent him, slowly dying from each one. Near the end of the drunken Shiro photo bundle Keith finds a particular one with someone who looks fairly familiar hidden behind Shiro's big ass head. The only features he can make out though are blue eyes, and what he thinks is a brunette head. Keith sighs and texts Shiro, Have fun with that hangover, you're not allowed at my apartment today cause I don't want to deal with you. Xoxo. Keith puts his phone on top of his dresser, rubbing his temple from the stress of his idiotic friend. Keith steps
Out of his bedroom and looks around his apartment. Boxes lining almost every wall, he walks over to his table and looks at the vase in front of him which was empty and full of dust. "Who even gave me this- probably mom.." he says while looking at it. He remembers seeing a flower shop down the street, so instead of laying around Keith decides to buy flowers to make his apartment a little more like home. In thirty minutes Keith is showered and dressed in clothes for walking in town. A plain gray V-neck, with denim skinny jeans. Keith fixes his hair in the bathroom mirror, trying to make the mullet look as though he didn't just wake up. Keith grabs his phone and keys, forgetting his wallet in the rush to leave.