Fate | Interactive AU -3-

Just a little heads up~

The next one shot will be a request that I've been writing ever since the person requested; and to say that I'm really proud of it would be an understatement.

Stay tuned for, Panic | Anxious Keith AU

Republished this because I'm hoping that I have time. Thank you to those who read my update earlier today.

I love you~

#

The Red String Theory.

According to this myth, the gods tie an invisible red cord around the ankles of those that are destined to meet one another in a certain situation or help each other in a certain way. Often, in Japanese and Korean culture, it is thought to be tied around the little finger.

Keith Kogane, since the day he was born has had a red string attached to his pinky finger, a red string that only he can see.

Just like the rest of the world filled with red flowing strings, he wasn't the only one. However, he was the person who didn't care for the sudden tugging that came from the red string during the night, or the thought that his soulmate was out there.

Or maybe just a best friend.

Whatever it would be, it didn't matter.

At the age of twelve he simply wanted to focus on school, and things at home.

Because right now, the rare case of the red string faltering; and pairing two people who were never destined to meet--was brought to the teenagers attention.

He could see through the heated arguments between his parents that there was no reconcile afterwards, or apologies; just the fight, a drink or two, and then sleep.

He wondered why they stayed together.

Or why the red strings were there to begin with.

"Keith Kogane!" The black haired male raises his head, as his tired eyes pry open just to be met with the old and worn down face of his teacher. "You weren't sleeping in my class again, were you?" She asks, but she knows the answer; but Keith knows the answer she wants. "Of course not Ms. Allura." He mumbles, rubbing the back of his head with his hand, the students around him chuckling.

He earns a few glares too, ones from students who envy him.

Soon enough the bell rings, and the young students continue on with their lives, paying no mind to the once sleeping Keith Kogane.

However, once he steps out into the hall its a different story. The many older kids reunited with their soulmates now that class was over, and what surrounded Keith was more or less a PG-13 version of the make out scenes in Mean Girls. But he didn't pay any mind to it, as he walked towards his locker with a not so happy expression on his still tired face.

Just five more minutes, then he could walk onto his bus and leave.

But the red string tied around his finger had other plans.