Chapter 11: The Love Experiment

Thank you for reading! It means a lot! So here I go.

Chapter 11:

(Sherlock's POV)

I linked my arm around Isabelle's and she smiled as we walked into the resteraunt.

She blinked as I sat down and the table, a small smile creeping up on her face.

"Great. What did you do Isabelle? Who did you kill? How well did you cover your tracks? When did you......"

"Easy there tiger. I've just....... never been on a date before. Have you?"

"No. And again. This isn't a date. It's an experiment. I'm going to check and see how girls react to certain things and monitor how your heart beats when I do romantic actions." I replied simply and her face fell.

"You didn't ask Molly to if you could borrow a machine from........"

"Oh I did. It will be here in five minutes!" She rolled her eyes and glared at me and I snickered.

"Ok. Just tell me, Sherlock Holmes. What is the true nature of this 'date'?"

"Oh. Well several things. The main one seeing as I've been looking for subjects to test this love experiment on, you were the one who most appealed to me."

"Why?" She snickered, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. She was nervous, but blushing.

"Because, you, Isabelle Watson are in mad love with me."

She looked down at her waist and looked up at me, her eyes teary.

"I don't do love and I can't believe you would say something like that to me." She wiped her eyes and looked down again.

"Isabelle I'm........"

"Your not. Don't even pretend that you are." A shiny, crystal tear fell from her eye and splashed on the table.

"You know what Sherlock. You are just like him. He did some awful things to me while I was his prisoner and now I'm yours and all you are going to do is use me for some kind of experiment. I'm not a doll." She stood up and left.

I sat there a while, thinking that she'd come back but after sitting for twenty minutes, I stood up and left the dinner.

"Hey John. Glad you picked up. Have you seen Isabelle by any chance?"

"Um. No. I told you. I'm at Harry's until Christmas Eve. What did you do? Should I come......."

"No I just got back from Bart's and can't find her. OOOOOO! Bart's I didn't think about this! Ok. Have fun. Bring home some pies."

I hung up the phone and did a mad dash to Bart's.

I found her on the roof, her feet dangling off the edge.

She looked back at me and gave me a small smile.

"Hey."

I sat by her, "Hey. Are you doing ok? You look.......awful."

She snickered, "Thanks."

She laid her head my shoulders and I just stared at her, shocked and unsure about what to say.

"We are a hot mess. Aren't we?" She spoke and I laughed.

"Me more than you." I said and Isabelle grabbed my arm, wrapping it around me.

I shook for a moment, letting my face fall and I petted her hand, laying my head on her shoulders.

"Sherlock........... You don't have to be here for me. I can handle myself. I have for so many years........."

"Isabelle, I want to know what Moriarty did to you."

She wined and her arm loosened and fell off my shoulder. I pulled her closer, unsure what to do and she took my extra support.

"Isabelle........ please. Please tell me."

"Why don't you just go through my Mind. It's already in your head." She snarled looking up at the sky.

Could I tell her? Would she judge me?

"I....... I deleted it. Y....you said that you didn't want to me too look so......"

She inturputed me and look at my face, "You did that for me?" I nodded weakly and she continued, tears vigorously dripping down her face.

"Thank you, Sherlock Holmes."

"You are welcome, Isabelle Watson." I stroked her cheek gently and swiped the tears from her eyes, causing a small smile to creep up on her face.

My heart was pounding out of my chest and I didn't understand.

Had I not felt this way ever before in my life?

No. No I hadn't.

"Isabelle......" I started awkwardly, "Cam I try something?"

Her smile faded and she nodded, "Yes."

I slowly placed a quivering hand and slowly moved it towards her head, pushing it towards me. She closed her eyes, willingly letting any movement I did continue.

Then I got her close enough to feel her warm breath on my face and with my heart pouncing out of my chest, I kissed her, gently brushing her lips on mine and I clenched her head and she ran her fingers through my hair.

When we broke apart, my heart ached and longed for her more than I ever did for anyone else. She took deep breaths and I placed a single kiss on her neck and she fluttered her eyes open, kissing my forehead.

"I love you." I whispered under my breath.

"I love you too."

(Chapter end)

Ok. I know it took me forever but was it worth it?

Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it!!