Chapter 22

Brynn’s POV:

*One Month later*

The plan had been a go for a month now and Payton had fully believed that I was pregnant and we were going to tell our parents tonight, much to his excitement. I was still feeling sick from when I had a stomach bug, which was a nice touch for the plan, and I was on some medication that I had to hide from Payton. Ronan had been told everything and was now playing his part perfectly, being the jealous ex, trying to win my affection. When in reality, we were hooking up on the weekends when Payton was training with my dad. Payton was so busy training that we hadn’t had time for sex anymore, much to my excitement and I had somehow managed to get my grades up so I could graduate early, everything was going perfectly.

“Brynn, you still look sick, what’s wrong with you?” Bentley asked, sitting down across from me.

“I just feel queasy; I thought I was over being sick. It’s probably just stress from this whole thing.” I muttered looking at the menu.

“Try to get some sleep after this.” Roxie said. She kept looking me over and it was creeping me out.

“I know, I know. God, you guys nag so much. I already get enough shit from Payton when the house isn’t cleaned to perfection. I can’t wait to just tell everyone tonight that I’m ‘pregnant’ so that I can be less stressed out.” I said slightly hysterical.

Roxie stared at me then looked at Bentley, “I need to speak to her alone, can you leave for like ten minutes?”

Bentley went to protest and she sent him a death glare and a death glare from her meant trouble. “I’ll play angry birds or something.” He said getting up and walking from the table.

We sat there in silence as I pretended to look at the menu, I already knew what I was getting and I really didn’t want to face Roxie alone. She was scary, and very highly emotional.

“Brynn, how long have you been sick?” She asked.

“I don’t know, I mean, I got the stomach bug like three weeks ago after I told Payton I was pregnant and that solidified our plan, but I think I have the flu because I feel sick, even though I was better for like a week after that.”

“Is there any chance you could be pregnant.”

I stared at her like she was crazy, “What the fuck? I would know if I was pregnant. I’m just still sick.”

Roxie shook her head, “Sweetie, did you take your medication and your birth control pills around the same time?”

“Yes…”

“Did you have sex with Payton or Ronan?”

“I mean, I had sex with Ronan, but…” I stopped and Roxie nodded, “Oh, fuck me.”

“Didn’t you listen to your doctor at all? I mean, every girl knows that taking some medication with birth control lowers the chances of the birth control working. You didn’t think about that at all?” She demanded.

“Don’t yell at me!” I fired back, “Look, I need to go; I don’t even know if I’m pregnant anyway this could be stress.” I said getting up.

“Brynn, where are you going?” Bentley asked as I pushed past him.

“I’m going home. I’ll see you tonight at dinner.”

Bentley’s POV:

I watched as her car pulled away from the restaurant and I walked back in, Roxie was holding her head in her hands, and her shoulders were slumped, “What the hell just happened?”