Chapter 23

Ronan's POV: 

Brynn had been acting weird, for the last half hour she had been pacing back and forth. She would start to say something, pause, and then continue pacing. It was driving me insane. 

"Brynn, stop. What is going on?" I said, grabbing her hand as she paced by me again. 

"I don't know how to say it. It's scary and I don't want to lose you." She said quickly. 

I started to feel nervous, "Just tell me." 

"So, remember when I was sick with that stupid stomach flu?" 

I nodded, how could I forget? She was seriously sick, and under a lot of medication. 

"Well, when I was on my antibiotics and feeling better we had sex like twice and I forgot that antibiotics lower the chances of birth control and I am pregnant." 

My heart stopped, I didn't know if I heard her correctly at first since she was talking so fast, "What did you say?" 

Brynn sat down across from me and placed my hand on her stomach and said, "I'm pregnant, Ronan. I don't want you to hate me but-" 

I cut her off with a kiss, putting all my fear and love into that one kiss to let her know how happy I was. I let her breathe and her cheeks were rosy pink, "I'm gonna take that as you don't hate me." 

I laughed and kissed her quickly one more time, "Of course I don't hate you. I'm fucking in shock, but I don't hate you. I love you and our little peanut so much you don't even know. I'm just worried about this plan now. What are we going to do?" 

"I have no freaking idea. I just want this to be over with so I can be happy with you and our baby." She sighed leaning her forehead against mine. How had I not noticed that she was glowing? Though Brynn looked tired she was still as radiant as an orchid and she had a beautiful smile on her face despite the all that she was going through.  

I pressed a kiss to her nose and rubbed her stomach, "We'll think of something. I promise. Even if we have to run away together, I promise to protect you and our baby."

Payton's POV:

Everything was falling right into place. Brynn was pregnant, Ronan hated her, and I was about to inherit a multi-million dollar franchise. I was the luckiest guy in the world. My mom would keep Brynn busy with the wedding plans and I could do whatever the hell I wanted. This was the life.

"Payton, you got a minute?" Travis called, poking his head into my temporary office.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I just wanted to talk." He closed the door and sat across from me. "It's about this whole thing." He said gesturing to everything around us.

I rolled my eyes, I was honestly sick and tired of Travis constantly bitching about what I was doing to Brynn. It was like he had nothing better to do but complain about how I treated her and our baby.

"Listen, Travis. I'm getting sick of hearing you complain about what I do with my fiancée and my life. I suggest you get your nose out of my business and pay attention to your own."