Chapter 5

Brynn's POV:

The car ride to school was extremely awkward and I nearly jumped out of the car before it stopped when Payton pulled into the school. I ran over to my friends before they could see me with Payton. "Hey, Brynn!" Kourtney said, smiling.

"Hey," I wanted to run, not stop and chat. I didn't want everyone talking about me and Payton. "Whoa, who is that hottie, checking you out?" Joelle said, looking right behind me. Oh fuck.

"Brynn, why didn't you wait for me?" Payton said smiling at me. I glared, he was gonna make this harder than necessary for me. "You know him?" Keegan asked. "I hate you a lot right now. I hope you know that." I muttered to Payton, he smiled in response.

"This is Payton. My dad's bosses son. They are currently living with us until they find a new house here. They're gonna go to school here, obviously, and he'll be spending a lot of time with me. Just don't stare at him, okay?"

Jenna, Kortney, and Joelle closed their mouths, Keegan, and Logan were pissed. Payton smiled, "Why don't you tell them the real reason why I'm here?" I glared at Payton, "Don't do this to me. Not here." My friends looked at me with confusion on their faces.

"I'll tell you guys later. My house, right after school." I walked away, angry at Payton for trying to ruin my whole fucking day. Payton ran to catch up to me and I navigated through the hallways faster than him to get away.

What I had factored out was the fact that he was almost a good foot taller than me and he had longer legs. I had made it halfway down the hall before he caught me by my waist and pulled me to him. "Let me go. I am so angry with you right now."

"Okay, not the way I should have started the day with you. I get it, but you have to tell them sometime." "Oh and school is the best place to do it? I don't want the whole world knowing I'm engaged. They'll think you knocked me up."

"Would that be a bad idea?" He murmured, stroking my hips. I finally realized that I was in his arms and I needed to get away from him. I pulled away from him and backed up into the lockers, "Yes, it would be a very very bad idea." Payton smiled at my tone.

I hated that I couldn't make my voice shake less. "I don't think you believe that." "Having a baby with you, no, having sex with you is the farthest thing from my mind. It's not even in my mind!" I walked away from him; I couldn't let him know that my body was responding to him.

"Denial, it's the first step to admittance. You want me." Payton shouted. I flicked him off and walked into my class. I was glad that I didn't have to see Payton for another few hours. Carter caught up with me in Gym and he looked pissed. "What the hell is going on, Brynn?" Carter demanded. "What are you talking about?"