Chapter 9

Brynn’s POV:

Shit. Shit. Shit!

He found out. Panicking would do nothing but dig myself into a deeper hole so I just played stupid.

“What?” I asked, sounding confused.

“You heard me. I told you to stay away from Ronan. You didn’t listen to me.”

“I haven’t talked to Ronan in a while. I said hi to him when I was hanging out with Carter…does that count?” I asked softly, a confused look plastered on my face.

“If I checked your phone would I find any texts from him?” He asked glaring at me.

So confused wasn’t working, hmm… I gently stroked my hand up his chest, rubbing my leg up his and whispered softly, “Don’t you trust me.”

His breathing became ragged and I leaned up to nibble on his ear.

“I’m offended that you wouldn’t trust me. I promised that I would stop seeing him….for you. Why don’t you believe me?”

And just like that Payton snapped out of it and pinned both of my arms back on the bed. I frowned up at him but he ignored it.

“I saw you kissing him earlier. I told you to stay away from him. If you don’t, I’ll tell him you’re engaged and I’ll make sure he gets so upset with you that he won’t even talk to you. Now get up and make yourself presentable. We have dinner in a half hour.”

I sat there with my mouth opened as he stormed out of the room…he had seen me with Ronan. Fantastic.  I took a quick shower and dressed in jean shorts and a pink tank top with a button up pink and black flannel. I braided my hair and quickly put on a light dusting of makeup then went downstairs.

I noticed when I got downstairs that there were a bunch of guys in the living room surrounding Payton.

“So, when did you decide to get hitched? You were never the fall in love and get married type.” One of his friends said.

I smiled to myself, this was gonna be good.

“I don’t love her. I think she’s quite annoying and she’s a bitch most of the time. But hey, my dad got me into this mess I might as well live with it. It could be worse. She could be ugly.” Payton said.

So I’m a bitch and I’m annoying…well, he’s about to find out how much worse I can get.

“How are you sane? If she’s as bad as you’re making her sound do you at least hit it?” His other friend asked. And they all laughed.

“God no. I refuse to sleep with her. I already caught her with her ex-boyfriend before so I don’t want whatever she might have or might not have caught from that scum bag.”

My fists balled in anger. Caught me what? Kissing my boyfriend? I hated him. I hated Payton Emerson with all my heart and I was going to make his life a living hell. He practically called me an STD infected slut. Perfect. It is so on now.

I composed myself and walked into the room smiling, “Hey Payton, I was wondering if I could have the keys to your car.”

His friends jumped as they realized I could have heard their whole conversation. Payton searched my face to see any signs of whether or not I heard anything. I kept my face in a perfect oblivious smile and he looked relieved…asshole.

“Why do you need the keys?” He asked, trying to act cool in front of his friends.

“Clearly to open the car.” I smiled when Payton’s friends chuckled.  “I left my phone in the car. I need to call Bentley.” I half lied.