Chapter 3

Brynn's POV:

I slammed my door and locked myself in the bathroom to shower. I hated my family, how could they? How could you gamble so much that you have to sell your daughter into marriage? I'm pretty sure that's illegal. Then again, why me? Why the hell not Roxie? She loves plans and everything, plan out her future instead of mine. Thinking about it made me angrier and I didn't need that.

I quickly dried off and put on sweatpants and a tank top and I threw myself on my bed and let out a frustrated breath. I heard my door open and I didn't bother sitting up, "Get out of my room. I don't want to talk to anyone."

"Well, I was told to come up here because we're sharing a room." That got my attention. I sat up and looked at the brunette girl in front of me. "And who the hell are you?" I demanded looking at her. She looked about fifteen, about the same height as me and was skinny, her bright blue eyes also looking me over.

"Hi, I'm Harley, the youngest Emerson, I'm fifteen. I guess I missed all the entertaining stuff. I was outside looking around. You have a fantastic garden." She said smiling.

I glared at her, "Look, I'm pretty sure there is an extra room somewhere and you can stay there. I like my space."  

Harley rolled her eyes, "I already tried that. I wouldn't be in here if I didn't try to get my own room like my brothers. But unfortunately I have to share a room. I think you might find me a reliable resource for getting information on Payton."

I liked her already. She was going to be a huge help when it came to Payton. That asshole. "So, I guess we're roomies until my parents get a house here. Where do I put my stuff?" She asked looking around. I cursed under my breath, now I had to change my room all over again to make sure Harley had her own space. "We'll figure it out later. In the mean time, how do you feel about hanging out with me after school tomorrow...I assume that you'll be attending the same school?" I asked.

She could barely contain her excitement, "Really? You want to hang out with me? You won't find me a nuisance or anything?" She was close to jumping up and down and I wanted to laugh so badly. "Yes, we can go shopping. Just you and me." "Okay!" I smiled and Harley squealed with delight. I let her have her little party by herself and went to my closet to find something to wear.

I pulled out a black strapless dress that hugged my curves nicely and smiled. That asshole wants to mess with me? Well, two can play that game, and don't play with a girl who can play better. "I was wondering, what can you tell me about Payton?" I asked Harley as I did my makeup. Harley shrugged and sat on my bed, "What do you want to know?"

"Anything and everything." "Well, he loves cars. He's obsessed with action movies, his recent favorite is "The Losers". He hates bugs, he screams like a little girl every time a ladybug is near him. He's eighteen, and played varsity football, so there is a major possibility that he's gonna tryout for the team this year." She went on and on, giving me every little detail to make his life hell.

"He's really possessive, and he has a bad temper. He reacts quickly then apologizes, I wouldn't really know, but Travis does. And that's about it." Harley shrugged and smiled. He was possessive? I smiled to myself and pinned my hair out of my face.

"Thank you for letting me know all of that...you should probably get ready. My father will probably be storming up here sometime soon."

Harley laughed and went to the bathroom to get ready. I had slipped on my dress and put on my patent leather Mary Jane pumps, when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Brynn, it's Ronan."

I smiled, "Hey, what's up?" "I was wondering," He paused, "Do you wanna go to dinner with me tonight? I was just wondering, you can say no, but I was just wondering."