Chapter 10

Brynn’s POV:

“We need to get back to the house. You missed dinner and I had to lie to my family. Get up and lets go.” Payton said grabbing my arm.

“Hey, let her go!” Landon said getting in between us.

“Get out of my way.”

I twisted my arm out of Payton’s grasp, hurting myself in the process but I ignored the pain and glared at him. He thought he could just waltz in here and act all macho? He thought wrong.

“Excuse me? What you don’t want to look bad in front of your boys? You can’t handle your annoying bitch of a fiancée?” Payton’s face paled, “Didn’t think I heard did you? I have feelings you know. And now I have only one feeling for you…hate. So get out of my way. I’m taking Landon back to the house and you better pray that I don’t lose it and just leave.”

Payton glared at me, “You leave and I make one phone call and your little ‘relationship’ goes public. I’ll tell everyone you’re engaged and that you’ve been cheating on me with Ronan because he’s an easy fuck. Do you want that to happen? Do you not care about him as much as you say you do?”

He was going to blackmail me? I just wanted to hit him, and that’s what I did. I threw my arm back and hit him right in his nose. Sure, I hurt my hand in the process but his yelp made me feel all better.

“I’m going home. I don’t need to be blackmailed by you asshole.” I pushed past him and headed back to the house.  Payton caught up to me and grabbed my arm.

“You’re not going anywhere. I will make good on my threat. Everyone will think you’re a slut.” He tightened the grip on my arm and I turned to hit him again, this time he caught my fist.

“LET ME GO!” I shouted, struggling against his strong grasp. I was about to scream again when Payton was tackled from behind causing us both to fall down. I flinched as I landed on a sharp rock.  Blood was dripping down my arm from where the cut was but I ignored it as I watched Payton and Landon fight. Landon had the upper hand and hit Payton in his nose. Payton fought back throwing back his fist and upper cutting Landon with enough force as possible causing Landon to fall back.

This was getting out of control. I tried to get in between them but they both pushed me away. “Hey! Stop!” I screamed over and over. They both ignored me. I decided the only way to stop them was to scare them. I let out a breathy sigh before grabbing my head and pretending to faint.

They stopped fighting as soon as my body made a thud noise on the ground. It hurt but it was effective.

“Brynn? Brynn, sweetie? Wake up. Wake up, NOW!” Landon shouted pushing the hair out of my face and checking my pulse.

I smiled up at him, “Finally, you stopped fighting! Now, come with me and help me pack. Then we can get your stuff around.” I got up and ignored a glaring Payton. On the way back to the house Landon and I talked about how long he’s wanted to see his dad, and from what I found out Jonathan hasn’t visited him since the day he dropped Landon off here 4 years ago.

It made me sad that someone would just force a kid out of their lives like they didn’t exist. At least his dad let him know that he would be ignoring him for the rest of his life. I never got the heads up.  We got to the house and it was dark and quiet inside. Landon and I went to the guest room and started to pack my clothes after we were finished we packed his stuff.

 When my stomach growled Landon smiled, “I’ll go get you something to eat. Follow me.”

Landon made us sandwiches and we ate in total silence. Finishing quickly Landon followed me up to the guest room and helped me pack. Payton sat there with a glare set on his face and we ignored him. When we finished in there we went to his room to pack all of his things.