Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I remembered over the conversation about Ashton with the boys. Then I remembered something. Ashton checked himself in. Like actually came here himself and checked himself in. Something happened to make him like this. Grabbing his file out and reading over it.

With his parents dying at the age of 17

Three years ago, his parents died three years ago and he started abusing alcohol.

-

Walking into the hospital with Poppy by my side, we snuck up towards the boys rooms. We went inside and saw Calum and Michael.

“Hey Imogen” Calum said and I looked at him.

“Is he like this because his parent’s died?” I asked and they both shook their head.

“It caused him some damage but no, that isn’t the full reason” Michael said and I looked at him, urging him to go on.

“We can’t tell you, it’s his story to tell, but just give him time, let him know how to trust you, because it took him forever to tell us” Calum said and I nodded.

“Thanks guys” I said, I looked at Poppy who was staring at Calum, Calum was staring right back smiling. How cute.

When they finally stopped looking at each other I grabbed Poppy and pulled her away from the room.

“Stay out here please, just stay here” I said leaving her in the hallway. I walked into Luke and Ashton’s room and saw them both sitting on their beds. Ashton writing stuff and Luke just staring off into space.

“What’s up?” Luke asked snapping out of his trance.

“Nothing just checking up on you guys” I said and he nodded. Ashton still didn't look up, he was still violently writing in his notebook.  It was weird, him not insulting me, but I wasn’t complaining. I said goodbye to them both before walking out of the room. I looked at Poppy hand nodded, I think she got the message that we were leaving.

I took out the piece of paper with the addresses on it and I also took out the two photo’s of whom I am guessing is Ashton’s little brother and sister. Ashton and his brother looked so much alike. The photo was a family photo with Ashton, his brother Harry and sister, Lauren. It was weird seeing Ashton with that big grin on his face, it showed that he was a family boy. The second photo was just a picture of Harry and Lauren.  They were quite adorable. I typed in the first address that was written into my phone and soon Google maps was leading Poppy and I towards a house.

“He doesn’t live far from where you live” Poppy noticed. I nodded.

“I know, it is weird that I had never seen him in my life” I said. We pulled up out the friend of a house.

“Okay, are you ready?” Poppy asked and I nodded once again.

“We need to make him happy Poppy” I said softly. I got out of the car and walked towards the door, Poppy right behind me.  I knocked on the door and took a step back. An old lady opened the door and smiled at me.

“Hello, what can I do for you two girls?” She asked sweetly.

“Hi, I was looking for a Harry and Lauren Irwin, would they by any chance be here?” I asked her and she looked at me confused.

“Can you explain why you are looking for them?”

“Are you apart of their family?” I asked her and she nodded.

“Yes im their grandmother” She said sweetly.

“Okay, well my name is Imogen and I work at the St Vincent’s hospital in the mental ward, well Ashton Irwin, is my patient and I was wandering if we could take Harry and Lauren to visit him, you could come along too, but this needs to be done before anything gets out of control” I said and she looked at poppy and then back to me.