Chapter 10

Chapter 10

--

Imogen Davis

--

“Hey Imogen” Luke said as I walked into Ashton and his room. I went to turn around so I could close the door, but I ran into a little table which had a pot plant on it.

“Ouch” I muttered closing the door.

“Good one Imogen” Ashton spoke sarcastically, I rolled my eyes at him.

“Thanks Ash, I appreciate your sarcasm” I said to him grinning.

“Oh snap” Luke said laughing.

“So how did you guys sleep?” I asked and they both looked at each other.

“Not very good” They chorused.

“Do you want to talk about it?” I asked and they shook their heads. I nodded at them. I wrote down some things on how they were going, filling in saying they had nightmares last night.

“You know” Ashton said making me look up. “You are the only worker here that has made us feel like we can be ourselves” He finished. I smiled at him.

“I have a question for you guys though” I said.

“Shoot”

“What happens when you guys wake up? Who is there to comfort you?” I asked them.

“Ever since we have been in this place, we have had to calm each other down, it has become a usual thing” Ashton said, I know he tried to act as if It didn't matter, but I know he felt like he had hardly anyone left.

Ashton, Luke, Calum and Michael. The four boys who I had interest in here. The only reason I have this job is so that I can make sure they are safe.  I think I made my point when I said that I wasn't going to leave them. I made a promise, to not only myself, but these four boys, Jared, poppy and Alex. I wasn't going to break it. I don't know about these boys past, I don't know much about these boys, except for what is on their application, and except for the fact that Ashton checked himself in, and the other boys got themselves her somehow. I also know that Ashton’s family is the one thing that can get him to be back to normal, and that he is hiding something, something big, something that triggers all those nightmares in his head, one that triggers his emotions, causing him to be angry. Luke on the other hand, I know he is also hiding something, who am I kidding, all the boys are, but Luke, Calum and Michael’s past im guessing all have something to do with Ashton’s. Because I have never seen four best friend’s as close as these boys. I know that somehow, the reason why they are here is all connected. And I also want to find out everything, but I want them to trust me.

“Ashton, I thought I should let you know, I have a surprise coming for you soon, and it isn’t only from me” I said looking at Luke. Ashton had that weird look on his face, showing that he was confused. I smiled at him before walking out. Well that’s what I had hoped to do. Because I ended up running into that stupid pot plant again. (A/N – It’s funny how big a role this pot plant plays)

I finally got out of the room and then started walking towards my office. I had checked on the other two boys, they said they were doing great, except for Calum’s experience of the little girl and Michael being extremely happy. But it was nice to know that they hadn’t changed drastically.

“Imogen” One of the workers spoke to me. I remembered this girl as the girl I had mouthed off a couple of weeks ago for calling everyone insane.

“Hi” I said flatly.

“I was wandering if I could take one of the rooms you are on, since Dakota had to move back Queensland with her family?” She asked.

“No you can’t, Ill take both, no questions asked. You are not to set a foot near those boys” I said pushing past her. I rolled my eyes at her.