n i n e

Our filming in Dorset had come to an end. We would be leaving for Dunkirk tomorrow and staying there for a while, occasionally coming back on the weekends.

I had just finished packing my things and had called my mom to talk. She didn't answer though. I then called my sister. She answered.

"Hey I wa-" I began to say, but she cut me off.

"Hey we can't talk right now, but we'll call you back soon. Sorry!" She said, I heard music and laughs in the background before she hung up. I looked at my phone bewildered. I threw my phone on my bed and walked into my bathroom to take a shower. After, I brushed my teeth and got ready for bed.

I checked my phone and saw it was 10:24 pm. I never got a call or text back from my sister or my mom. I sighed and turned on my alarm. We were catching a train to Dunkirk at 7:30 am. I had my alarm set for 6:25 am. Before I got into bed I made sure I had packed my toiletries and my laptop. My body was tired so as soon as I hit the bed, I was out.

**********

Izzy was asleep in the seat in front of me. We were almost to Dunkirk. I pulled out my laptop from my backpack and checked my emails. I had to check on some school stuff. I then decided to watch That 70's Show. My absolute favorite.

A few episodes later, we had arrived. We gathered all our things and left to the hotel where we'd be staying. It was a cloudy day, and appeared as if it would rain soon. Tomorrow we'd start filming again and it'd be tough due to harsh weather, but that's what made the film so great.

**********

I was woken up by the loud alarm coming from Izzy's phone. It was now Monday and we were back to work. There was nothing I dreaded more than mornings. Getting up at 6:00 am wasn't exactly my cup of tea!

After struggling to get out of bed, I managed to get dressed and get ready for work. I wore comfortable, stretchy jeans, a black top, and my sneakers. I put my hair in a ponytail and put on a black cap. I looked outside the window and could see objects swaying. To say it was "a little windy" would be an understatement.

"I'd grab a sweatshirt or something. These winds don't play around." Izzy warned. I grabbed my grey university hoodie and followed Izzy downstairs. We walked outside and walked towards the main tent on set.

"There's warm coffee over there." Derek directed as we walked in. The crew was gathering into the tent slowly. I poured myself some coffee and took a sip, closing my eyes while I let the caffeine sink in.

"Alright everyone, could I please have your attention?" Izzy was now standing on a small crate in front of the tent. "It seems that the winds and strong waves have knocked over parts of the mole overnight. We need to fix it quickly. The waves have calmed down a bit, but they are still strong so be careful out there!"

Soon enough the entire crew was running around getting wood and other materials to finish the destroyed set. I helped Lindsay carry wood and paint to the dock. Izzy was right about the winds, they were powerful and made the waves so much more forceful.

Chris came out just as we were finishing up. "I see you are all done, thank you so much for doing this so quickly and on such short notice." He told Izzy. "I really wanted to film in this weather. It's perfect for the scene."

I made my way back towards the tent to see what I could help with. On my way there I passed Cillian and he gave me a smile, which I returned.