t w e n t y - n i n e

Rosie's POV:

I got home soaking wet. After I left Harry's I got a cab but had forgotten my wallet and could only do with the change in my purse. The cab dropped me off three blocks from my house so I walked but unfortunately got caught in the rain. This night just needed to end.

I opened the door and took off my shoes as water poured out of them. I changed out of my soaked clothes and turned on the shower head to warm up. After a few minutes, I got in and let the hot water warm my body. I stood there thinking about everything as the drops hit my back, I broke down. I didn't sign up to have my heart broken but look at me, I'm a mess. I was just an eager film student wanting to work with the big directors.

I finished showering and got out. I wrapped my towel around me and dried off. I heard a knock on my door though. I quickly ran into my room and put on some clothes and ran back to the door, a towel still wrapped around my head. I opened the door and before me stood Jack.

"If you're here to talk about Fionn I'm not up for it." I said turning around leaving the door open for him to come in. I walked into the kitchen as the door closed.

"I know this must be hard for ye' but ye' got to listen to me."

"You know what happened last time I listened to you?" He had an apologetic yet guilty look on his face. "Exactly." I said turning to grab some tea to make.

"This will all sort itself out soon."

"Not soon enough."

"Rosie."

"Jack look, I didn't want to end up like this. I didn't want to date him because I knew something bad would happen. I wanted to just enjoy my internship and try new things." I leaned against the counter. "I'm over it." I mumbled.

"He's ending it." Jack said. I stopped mid sip and looked at him.

"He's what?"

"He's ending the stunt. Megan agreed." He sighed.

"Well good for him." I simply stated.

"That's it?" I kept silent. Eventually Jack realized I didn't care for anything he had to say about Fionn, and left.

I finished my tea and went to bed. This long day finally came to an end.

**********

I sat on the couch eating breakfast and watching tv when I got a phone call from Izzy.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Rosie what's going on?"

"What do you mean?" I asked puzzled.

"Jack told me everything that happened."

"Honestly Iz, I'm so over this. Love has never worked out for me and I don't know what I expected this time."

"You just need to sit down with him and talk every single thing out."

"If he wants to talk, he can come to me. I'm not going to chase heartbreak."

"Oh Rosie..." She sighed. "I'll be home tomorrow, maybe you two will figure something out. It'd be a shame to see two people perfect for each other drift apart."

"Bye Iz."

"Bye Rosie." I hung up the phone and sighed.

Fionn's POV:

"That'll be £6.74" I handed the man the change and grabbed the small bouquet of flowers. I had planned to go to Rosie's and apologize. I was such a dick to her and I just want things to go back to normal. I'm sure she hated my guts and I couldn't live with myself knowing I hurt her.

I walked down the street towards a ice cream shop and picked up a small pint of mint chip. It was her favorite. Afterwards I made my way over to her flat, hoping she'd open the door.

When I arrived I entered the building and walked up to her door. My hands were sweating but I knocked. No answer. I knocked again and heard her voice through the door. "Coming!"

The door swung open and she answered with a smile, but slowly began to frown.

"Fionn what are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I've done to hurt you. I'm sorry that I let you down and that I made your belief of love true." She looked at me with sadness. "Please can we talk? I have ice cream. Mint chip, your favorite." She opened the door and motioned me to come inside.

"Let's talk then."

—————————————————

A/N: OH MY GODHDHDH I'M SORRY I'VE BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG BUT I'VE BEEN BUSY AND STRESSED AND I'M SORRY!

I haven't had much time to write which sucks but this book is almost done! Hopefully the next update isn't so short like this one and i'll update soon!