02

"We haven't spoke since you went away
Comfortable silence is so overrated"

Elijah, as usual was awake before Olivia's alarm went off. And as usual he wondered over to his mom's room to lay next to her for a bit.

The first sign of weirdness for the four year old was that his mother's bedroom door was closed, the door was never fully closed. Standing on the tips of his toes he reached for the door handle, pushing it open. There was someone in bed, next to his mom. A stranger.

Quietly he walked over to Olivia's side of the bed, leaning his face as close as possible he whispered; "mommy," he paused for a few seconds, "mommy," Olivia's eyes opened slowly. Before Liv could say anything Elijah whispered again, "there's a man."

The events of the last 12 hours hit Olivia all at once.

They spoke;

"I had to leave Liv, before it got messy," Elliot admitted. Olivia took a swig of her drink before replying, "before what got messy? The job or our relationship?"

"Both,"

They fought;

"He is your child," Olivia finally confessed after dodging the question for hours. Elliot looked hurt, "you...you never told me you were pregnant,"

"Dont act like you would have done things differently Elliot," the woman scoffed, "maybe I would of,"

"You think I didn't try calling you a hundred times? You never even bothered picking up!"

"Yeah, well I was afraid you'd tell Kathy about that night, I didn't want to lose my family!" Elliot yelled back.

"You chose them. I get it. They're your family, im just a one night stand and the kid is just an accident? Right?" Olivia challenged.

"Dont do that Olivia. You know that's not true. You're my best friend and that is my son!"

Olivia sighed and took another drink.

They also got incredibly drunk. She remembered stumbling in after midnight with Elliot trailing behind. She remembered the baby sitter being annoyed because she was late and she definitely remember what happened after the baby sitter left.

"He's my friend sweetheart, it's okay." The boy nodded. "Why don't you go put on some cartoons, I'll be right out to get breakfast."

The four year old cast one more wary look at Elliot before leaving the room.