10

"Are we still going to movies later mommy?" Elijah grinned up at his mother.

They were spending Olivia's off day relaxing watching cartoons and playing games, both of them couldn't be happier.

"Sure sweetheart, hopefully the rain let's up a little."

"But I like the rain!" Elijah giggled and ran into his mom's arms.  Olivia caught him and layed kisses on his cheeks making him giggle even more.  He stopped suddenly with a small gasp, "Whats wrong?" Olivia asked quickly. The boy wriggled his was out of her arms and ran over to the windows.  He placed a small finger on the glass and looked at his mother excitedly, "it's Elliot mommy!"

Sure enough Elliot Stabler was crossing the street in the rain, walking into the apartment building. Liv smiled, "I told you he'd be back."

Elijah nodded and went to stand near the door, waiting for the knock.

As soon as Liv opened the door Elijah launched his tiny body onto Elliot, who laughed, "careful bud I got caught in the rain."

"Where did you go?" The four year old questioned.  Olivia raised her eyebrows waiting to hear what he'd say.

"I was a bit busy buddy but I'm back now and i promise, next time I'll let you know if I'm going to be gone for a bit."

Elijah was satisfied with the answer, "do you want to see my new puzzle?"

"Honey why don't you go play in your room for a few minutes, Elliot and I need to talk real quick."

The boy narrowed his eyes and whispered, "is it police business?"

Olivia nodded and out her finger over her lips, the boy did the same with a smile and left the room.

Elliot turned to Olivia, "I'm sorry Liv. You were right yesterday, I need to learn some balance when it comes to my children."

Liv nodded, "I'm sorry too, I overreacted. I just don't like seeing my son get hurt."

"Truce?"

"Truce."

Elliot sighed in relief, "so how-"

There was yet another knock on the door, Olivia went to answer it and Elliot watched as his son poked his head around the corner curiously.

Elliot chuckled at his son. Once Elijah saw who was at the door he dashed towards the man, "uncle Raf!"

"Hey little man." Barba picked the boy up and walked further into the apartment.

Olivia cleared her throat, "Barba this is Elliot Stabler. Elliot this is Rafael Barba."

The A.D.A held out his hand, which Elliot shook, "so you're the famous Elliot."

"Famous?"

"Hmm," Barba nodded and turned back to the child in his arms, "so how's my favourite three year old?"

Elijah giggled, "I'm four."

"Are you sure?"

The boy just laughed.

Elliot watched the exchange quietly, he noticed Olivia smiling brightly at Barba and her son. He wasn't sure how he felt about the situation in front of him but he was pretty sure he felt jealous.

An/ what do you think? Does Elliot have a reason to be jealous? Thank you all for all the feedback it really motivates me to update more.