06

"Promises promises"

"You know," Olivia began as a wave of realisation came over her, "you haven't told me how long you're staying. Or why you're here."

Elliot sighed, "I got divorced a few months ago, my kids don't want to see me so I moved back. I won't stop trying to see them and if they ever decide to forgive me I'll be on the first flight to go visit but I don't think I could move back there. New York is home for me."

Olivia nodded, "you scare me Elliot Stabler. It's so easy for you to walk back into my life it would be just as easy to walk out again. Most importantly I don't want my son getting hurt."

"Our son." Elliot corrected, Olivia nodded and looked to her lap feeling unsure of what to say next.

"I won't hurt him Liv, or you. I swear."

They sat in silence looking at each other waiting for the other to say something.

Olivia thought she heard something and stopped to listen, "what?" Elliot asked.

"Shit!" Olivia muttered as she ran over to Eli's room with Elliot following behind.

Eli was asleep but coughing relentlessly. Liv took a small blue and white machine down from the highest self of the bookshelf, she handed the plug of it to Elliot, "plug this in right there please."

"What is it?" He asked as he watched Olivia pour a small amout of liquid in.

"A nebuliser, he was a premature baby he has a lot of problems with his lungs."

Olivia slid the mask over Elijah's nose and mouth as she turned it on.

"He was premature? What happened? Did you get hurt?"

Olivia thought for a moment whether or not to tell Elliot about William Lewis.

"It's a long story."

Elliot shrugged, "I have a lot of time."

AN; any thoughts?