09

"After all the shit we've been through, why are you so willing to walk away?"

Olivia and Elijah hadn't seen Elliot since he spent the day with the boy.

Olivia wouldn't have minded not seeing Elliot for a week and a half if it wasn't for Elijah, who kept asking when he was coming back. It hurt the lieutenant to hear her son keep asking for the man he just met, but instantly took a liking to.

Eli pushed his plate away from him, "I don't want any more."

"Sweetheart you bearly ate, how will you gain your superman strength if you don't eat?"

The four year old shrugged,

"Whens Elliot coming mommy?"

Olivia sighed, she was running out of excuses to make for him, "I don't know Eli but I'm sure he'll be back soon."

"He promised to-to take me to the carnival, doesn't he want to be my friend mommy?"

Olivia walked over to her son and scooped him up in her arms, planting a kiss on his forehead.

"He'll be back sweetheart, he loves being your friend he told me that himself. Why don't we go read some stories?" Olivia asked.

The boy nodded with a small smile.

___

Olivia sat in the living room catching up on her favourite show when a knock on the door interrupted her.

Looking who it was she saw Elliot standing on the other side of the door fiddling with his watch.

Olivia shook her head and swung the door open, the man looked up and smiled.

He held out a bouquet of flowers, "sorry i know it's late,"

Olivia let him in, "you disappeared. Again."

Elliots smiled faltered quickly, "I know I should have called, my kids showed up though. It was really unexpected but I wanted them to have a good time."

Olivia walked passed him into the kitchen getting out a bottle of water.

Elliot raised his eyebrows at the silence, "How's Eli doing?"

"Fine, no thanks to you. He asked me everyday where you were Elliot!"

"Liv im-"

"No Elliot I don't want to hear it. I get that your kids were here but it wouldn't have killed you to call. We were doing just fine without you before we can do it again. If you want to be apart of your child's life I suggest you learn some balance. He's not a toy you can't just drop him and come play with him when you're bored again."

"Liv that's not wh-"

"Goodbye Elliot." Olivia opened the door and watched as he left without looking back.

An/ a bit of drama. Who's more out of line Elliot or Liv?