07

Elliot rubbed his palms together nervously, he wanted some proper bonding time with his son and somehow Olivia agreed to let him watch their son for the day.

The apartment door opened, Olivia grinned at him.

"Morning, come in."

Elliot chuckled when he saw his son standing in underwear and a cape munching on a banana as he played with his cars.

"Someone isn't being very cooperative today," Liv nodded towards the four year old, "I'm running a bit late."

"You go Liv, I got this." Elliot tried to sound confident.

"Are you sure?" Olivia asked. The man nodded. Olivia kissed her sons forehead, thanked Elliot and was out the door in no time leaving the father and son.

Eli looked up at Elliot expectantly, "so...how about we get you dressed and head to the park?"

The boy nodded and ran into his room, Elliot followed unsure if he needed help or not.

"Elliot are you a dad?" Eli asked pulling a shirt over his head.

"Yeah I am kiddo. I have fi-four kids."

Eli nodded, "are they big?" Elliot smiled, "they're all teenagers."

"I don't have a dad," the four year old said, "but that's okay b'cause at school I leaned that all families are different, some people don't have dad's and mom's. My friend Dylan has two dads."

Elliot wasn't sure how to respond, in fact he almost corrected the boy by saying 'you have a dad. I'm right here!' but stopped himself.

"Let's get your teeth brushed then we can go kiddo."