04

Olivia sighed for the 10th time since she'd gotten home from work. It had been a long day, and having Eli at the precinct made it especially difficult.

Before they left in the morning she'd promised Elliot he could come over for dinner to spend a bit more time with his son since he only saw him for a good five minutes.

Liv thought she'd have dinner started as soon as she got home but Eli had been complaining about not feeling well. He was cranky and tired meaning Liv had to get him into a bath before the tears started.

Elliot knocked on the door and stood waiting a few moments before the door swung open, revealing a tired looking Olivia.

"Hey, come in."

"Thanks, rough day?" He asked as he walked in.

"Really rough. Elijah isn't feeling well, he refuses to eat anything other than dinosaur chicken nuggets right now so we can order take out," Olivia explained.

Elliot glanced over at the four year old curled up on the couch nibbling on his nuggets.

"You can go over there, but be warned he gets just as moody as you do,"

Elliot smiled.

He timidly sat down next to the boy. He'd never found a four year old intimidating before but there was a first time for everything.

"Hey buddy,"

"Hi."

"Your mom says you're not feeling to good."

Elijah nodded, "it hurts. Do you want a chicken nugget?" He asked politely holding his plate out towards Elliot.

"You eat up, you need all the strength to get better. What are you watching?"

"The good dinosaur." The boy put his plate down on the coffee table, pushed his pillow towards Elliots lap and layed down without another word.

Elliot glanced at Olivia who was watching the scene from the kitchen.

She quickly mouthed "he likes you."