08

The father and son were about to leave the apartment but the boy stopped abruptly at the doorway.

Elliot frowned, "Whats wrong?" The kid looked up with a matching frown on his face, "I need my phones please."

"Your phones?"

"My phones," Eli nodded and put his hands to his ears, "phones Elliot."

Elliot ran a hand through his hair, he wanted this to go smoothly and he definitely didn't want to be calling Olivia in the first hour but he reluctantly took out his phone.

"Benson."

"Liv, hey." Elliot knew he sounded nervous but he had no idea why, "Eli says he needs his phones? What's that about?"

Olivia chuckled over the line, "sorry I completely forgot to mention it, he doesn't like the noise of the busy streets it freaks him out. There's an old ipod next to the tv."

Elliot walked up to the tv and grabbed the ipod, "got it thanks Liv, see you later."

Eli held his hand out for the ipod, "thank you! Let's go!"

•••

In the few hours Elliot spent with his son he learned a lot about the boy, for example; the kid was afraid of swing sets but you could not get him away from a slide. He learned that there's a huge difference between a normal straw and a bendy straw, Eli told him this about 10 times, "bendy straws are fun. They bend!"

After their hours at the park and lunch at a corner dinner Elliot and Olivia used to go all the time, the boy was passed out in Elliots arms as he walked home.

He stopped at a cross walk and waited patiently for the light to change, an elderly lady leaned over.

"You have an adorable son dear, he looks just like you."

Elliot smiled brightly at the woman and glanced at the sleeping boy, "thank you, I'm very lucky to have this little guy."