16

Olivia was expecting Barba when she swung the door open but instead was met with Elliot.

"Elliot," the man in front of her had a look on his face she just couldn't pin point. She stepped aside and let him in.

"You were looking for me this morning?"

Olivia laughed dryly and shut the door, "yes, and you were still asleep."

Elliot shrugged, "sorry about that, was it important?" He questioned.

"I needed you to watch Eli but I figured it out. Now, what are you doing here?"

"I didn't mean for you to see what you saw this morning Liv."

Olivia nodded but didn't say a word. There was a few moments of silence followed by Elliot sighing.

"You're mad at me." He noted and took a seat at the kitchen counter.

Again Liv didn't say anything.

Elliot filled the silence, he felt annoyed at this point, "I'm a divorced man Olivia I'm allowed to let loose a bit don't you think?"

Olivia raised her eyebrows, "yes, I think you've made it very clear that you're single and free Elliot."

Stabler let out a frustrated groan, "what do you expect from me then Olivia!"

"Elliot sto-" "No Olivia. This is important okay. What do you want from me? Are we together are we not? Why do you have to make things so complicated all the damn time!"

"You're going to wake Elijah up," Olivia tried to get him to calm down but it was to late.

Elliot stood up from the chair.

"Thats another thing, when do you plan on telling him that I'm his father? That's my son he deserves to know!"

Movement caught Olivia's eye, Elijah was poking his head around the corner clutching his favorite bear tightly in his arms. Olivia pushed passed Elliot and rushed over to Eli scooping him into her arms.

Olivia layed his head on her shoulder whispering in his ear, "it's okay."

Elliot stepped towards them, his face softened and his anger disappeared.

"Im sorry," he mumbled out and reached out a hand to rub the boys back. Elijah started crying, "go away, go away."

Olivia walked with the boy into his room leaving Elliot standing there, for a moment he wanted to go after them but he knew it was a bad idea. He walked silently out the door, hating himself.