Chapter 8

We met up with the lads and their girlfriends and went down to the local pub. "Is everything okay now [YN]?" Timmy asked concerned. "Yeah, thank you Timmy... and you Lauren." I said while smiling.

When we reached the pub, I saw Greg in there with a bunch of rough looking people. His nose had stopped bleeding by this point but his eye was starting to bruise. "Are you sure you want to come here Lachie? Greg's over by the bar..." I said to him. Lachie's eyes shot over to the bar and made contact with Greg's who by this time had started to come over. The lads noticed him and stayed by us telling their girlfriends to find a table. "[YN] maybe you should go too" Mike said, "No I want to hear what he has to say!"

"Hello Lachie." he said with a hint of anger in his voice and the smell of whiskey on his breath. He was drunk, as usual. "Look, Greg, I'm sorry for lashing out and also I'm sorry for what happened to your face." The lads all gasped when Lachie said this, I think they were surprised at what he had done to Greg. "I just wanted to say that you don't deserve [YN], she's better than you are!" he said slurring his words but still with a hint of anger in his voice. "Greg stops this! I love Lachie, I'm over you!" Greg's face started to go red.

A couple of Greg's friends came over. "Come on Greg they aren't worth your time!" Greg glared at Lachie and walked off. I looked over to Lachs, he looked crushed. "Guys can we have a minute." "Sure [YN] we'll order some drinks!" Mark said.

"Lachie ignore him. He was like this all the time when I went out with him, when he's sober he's so sweet and nice, that's the only reason I was with him. When he has a few drinks he's violent, we'd have arguments every night, that's why I left him! I never thought have to see him again!" Lachie just stared at one spot on the floor, he still looked crushed. "Maybe... you do deserve better than me... maybe I can't make you happy like someone else can... I'm gonna go back to the hotel... Don't follow me..." He said holding back tears. "Lachs wait..." but he just carried on walking.

I stood there frozen. I could here footsteps approach me. "What happened?" I turned around to see Ellie there. "He... I think...." I started to cry. "[YN] come and sit down, just give him time, everything will be okay." I went and sat in between Ellie and Lauren. I explained what had just happened to everyone. "Just give him time" Mike said "He'll come round" Timmy added "He's sensitive" Mark said "You can share with Ellie tonight and I'll go speak to Lachs" Darren said with sympathy.

I felt heart broken almost like someone had just shot me. I sat there in silence most of the night trying to let everything sink in.