Chapter 11

"What is it Darren?" I asked, my heart was pounding. "I'm... falling... for you" I stood there frozen. I was completely lost for words. "When I first saw you, I felt a spark..." "But your engaged to Ellie!" I interrupted. "I know, she thinks I'm being distant with her recently. She thinks there's someone else." "Well technically there is Darren!" I argued.

"[YN] you can't tell Ellie or even the lads specially Lachie he'll go ballistic. You saw what he did to Greg!" Darren seemed genuinely scared and worried that I would tell people. "I wont say anything, but Darren you need to sort this out, you can't lead Ellie on like this. You either commit to her or tell her the truth about how you feel." I was hard on Darren but it needed to be said. Darren's face just dropped. "Darren I'm sorry that was harsh.." "It's fine its the truth, I'm going back in... Give Ellie my love"

On the walk back to the hotel, all I could think of was what Darren had just said. I was really surprised as he hadn't said anything to me before and had kept his distance. When I got to Ellie's room, we sat down and had a drink and a chat about everything that's going on. A little bit inside of me wanted to tell Ellie the truth, she deserved to know after all! A few hours later the boys started to come back. I could hear them outside. Then there was a knock at the door. "I'll go" I told Ellie. it was Darren "[YN] can I speak to you for a minute please." I stepped out the room shutting the door behind me.

"Have you said anything to Ellie?" He asked worried. "No, I haven't its not my place to say Darren" "I feel so much better now that I've told you the truth, I needed you to know how I truly felt about you. When you and Lachie fell out, I thought I'd have a chance but you made up..." he told me "I need to try and move on, I know I don't have a chance with you... you love and fought for Lachie." I didn't know how to respond to this, I was never good at responding to people who confess there love for me.

"We need to sort this out, you and Ellie need to talk about it, I'm sorry Darren but I love Lachie, He's the one that I want to be with." "I understand [YN]...I'm sorry, but I think its gone a bit further than just falling for you, I love you..."

"WHAT!" I heard a voice say from behind. Darren turned around to see Lachie standing there. "Did you just... say..." I ran over to Lachie. "Lachs please, not here, not now." "It all makes sense now. When me and [YN] fell out, you were talking me out of getting back with her, saying that I deserved better than her!" I was shocked by what Lachie just said, I didn't think Darren was like this. "I can explain." he said.

I heard a door open, "What's going on? Why's everyone shouting?" Ellie looked puzzled. I looked at Ellie to Darren to Lachie. "Go on Darren tell her what you just said!" Lachie said with a hint of anger in his deep voice. "Tell her!"