Chapter 1

*Tsuki's POV*

I ran outside and jumped onto Gray's back.

"Ahh!" Gray shouted as if he didn't expect me to jump on his back. He quickly regained his balance and looked over his shoulder at me.

"Tsuki, get off your brother's back. He could've tripped, sweetheart." Mommy said. I pouted.

"Okay, Mommy." I said getting off Gray's back. I ran over to Daddy and tugged on his pants a bit.

"Daddy?" He knelt down to my height.

"Yeah, Tsuki?" Daddy asked with a smile.

"When do me and big brother get to learn magic like you and Mommy?" I asked in my little six year old voice. He chuckled.

"Some day, kiddo. Just not now. Okay?" He said with a smile. I pouted.

"Okay. Can me and big brother go into town and look for something for my birthday soon?" I asked happily. Gray came up next to me. Mom and Dad seemed unsure.

"Don't worry. We'll be careful." Gray said reassuring them. Dad sighed in defeat.

"All right. But be back here by noon." Dad said. I jumped in excitement.

"Yay! Come on big brother! Hurry up!" I yelled dragging him into town. He stumbled a bit.

"Tsuki! Slow down!" Gray exclaimed trying to keep his balance. We got into town and looked around the area. I stayed with him until just two hours later....

BOOM!

There was an explosion nearby and it startled everyone. People started running and I was confused and scared.

"What's going on?" I asked scared. I hid behind Gray who seemed to narrow his eyes towards the explosion before there was another explosion. Gray's eyes widened and Daddy came up with Mommy.

"Tsuki! Gray! Get out of here! Get somewhere safe!" Daddy shouted making me and Gray look at him. He had a serious look and Mommy ran over to us.

"I'll go with them Silver. Be careful." Mommy said as Daddy nodded. Mommy picked me up and started running with Gray close with us. I was worried about Daddy.

"But Daddy..." I started reaching towards Daddy.

"Don't worry Tsuki. He'll be fine." Mommy said turning in an alley. I frowned and retracted my arm. Mommy put me down against a wall and started to leave but paused looking back at us.

"Gray, I need you to stay with Tsuki and protect her. Okay?" Mommy said before leaving us.

I tried to run after her but Gray hugged me from behind stopping me. I tried to fight against his grip.

"Big brother! Let me go! Please! Mommy!" I struggled until I felt Gray's tears on my back as I was crying myself. I stopped struggling and heard small shaky breaths from Gray as he trembled.

"Tsuki, stop. Please. I can't risk you going and getting yourself hurt." Gray said. I relaxed. There was an explosion right next to us and we both flew across the alley but I felt something go right through my chest during the explosion.

"TSUKI!!!" was the last thing I heard from Gray before everything went cold and black.

Gray-nii.....I'm.....I'm sorry... I thought before hitting the ground hard.