Chapter 14

"Have you forgotten why we came all the way here?" Gaara asked glaring at Kankuro. I could see the fear in Kankuro and Temari's features.

"I-I know. I-I mean, they challenged us. Th-they started the whole thing really." I glared and growled at Kankuro.

We started it?! More like you did, idiot! If he didn't try to hurt Konohamaru, none of this would've happened! I thought getting angry at Kankuro for lying to Gaara. Gaara seemed to take notice in my features and knew automatically Kankuro was lying.

"S-See, here's what happened-" Kankuro said, still scared but Gaara cut him off.

"Shut up." I saw Kankuro visibly shiver. Gaara's eyes narrowed and he seemed hesitant about saying something. Kankuro seemed to understand though and put his hands up.

"Uh, right. I-I was totally out of line. I'm sorry Gaara. I was totally out of line." Kankuro said, scared and nervous.  I was a bit confused on why though. Gaara looked over at Sasuke.

"I'm sorry for any trouble he caused." Gaara apologized for Kankuro. Gaara turned into sand and Sasuke stood up and stared at the sand as it transported down to the ground next to Temari and Kankuro. I felt myself get a bit nervous. "Let's go. We didn't come here to play games."

"A-All right. S-Sure. I-I get it." Kankuro stuttered as they started to leave. Sakura decided to cut in next and ran a few steps up to them but stopped after the third step.

"Hold on! Hey!" She said and I froze before running up next to her. They stopped.

"What?" Temari said and none of them looked at us. 

"I can tell by your headband that you come from the Village Hidden in the Sand. Of course, the Land of fire and the Land of Wind are allies, but no shinobi can enter another's village without permission. So, state your purpose and it better be good." Sakura said and I grabbed her arm hoping she didn't try to plan anything against them. The three turned towards us and I felt a blush come up to my cheeks at Gaara's gaze but I was able to fight it.

"Really? Have you guys been living under a rock or what? You have no idea what's going on, do you? We have permission. Of course, you're correct. We are Hidden Sand Genin. Our home is the Land of the Wind. And we're here for the Chunnin Exams. Get the picture?" I nodded at Temari and Naruto was probably confused.

"The Chunnin Exams? What's that?" Naruto asked. "Well, I've never heard of any Chunnin Exams, believe it." Naruto said as Temari crossed her arms.

"I believe it all right. That you're totally clueless." She had a smile on her face. I sighed.

"Those are the exams that every Genin is required to take to being a full on Chunnin." I said and Naruto seemed to grin.

"Well, why didn't you say so? I am so there!" Naruto said, energetically and I heard Gaara scoff and I looked at him to see him with his back towards us. I frowned a bit before they walked away again and Sasuke jumped down.

"Hey! You! Identify yourself." Sasuke said sternly and I looked at him concerned. Temari suddenly turned around with a grin.

"Hm? You mean me?" Temari asked with a slight flirt to her tone and I sweatdropped a bit.

"No. Him. The guy with the gourd on his back." Sasuke stated, pointing at Gaara. I was surprised, to be honest. Temari stood straight from being bent over slightly while Kankuro and Gaara faced Sasuke.

"My name is Gaara of the Desert. I'm curious about you too. Who are you?" Gaara asked Sasuke and I got a bit worried on what might happen between those two if they knew who each other were.