Chapter 3

*Tsuki's POV*

I sat on a roof staring at the night sky. I started to remember Daddy.

*Flashback*

I stared out the window at the sky. It was past my bedtime but I couldn't sleep. Daddy came into my room.

"Tsuki? What are you doing up?" I didn't look at him.

"Couldn't sleep. I'm just too curious about something." I said. Daddy closed the door.

"And what are you curious about?" Daddy asked.

"When you see the stars, what do you normally see?" I asked Daddy curiously. He looked out the window for a second.

"Hmm....well, I guess it depends. Mostly I see a spirit in the sky that looks like Mommy saying 'Go to bed, Tsuki or no cookies when you wake up tomorrow.' " I automatically ran to my bed and jumped on it while Daddy started to laugh. I realized he was joking and sat up scowling.

"That's not nice, Daddy." I complained. Daddy smirked.

"It worked though, didn't it?" he said. I pouted.

"Still mean." I replied crossing my arms with a pout. He sat next to me and ruffled my hair a bit. I growled a bit before yawning a bit tired.

"Go to sleep, little moon. I'll see you in the morning." Daddy said as I lay down on my bed. Daddy tucked me in and kissed my forehead.

"'Night, Daddy." I said closing my eyes.

"'Night, little moon." I fell asleep peacefully.

*Flashback Over*

I sighed and heard footsteps come towards me. I turned to see Gaara. He hesitated when he noticed me.

"What are you doing awake? Aren't you tired?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Couldn't sleep. I was just looking at the stars. It's always my favorite thing to do." I said with a smile. "You can come sit down if you want. I don't mind." He hesitated before sitting next to me. I stared at the stars while Gaara stared at the moon.

"Why aren't you scared of me?" Gaara asked out of nowhere. I looked at him.

"Why would you ask that?" i asked confused. I noticed he had the same sad look as before.

"I'm a monster." He said sadly. I frowned.

"Why do you say that, Gaara? You're just a normal boy like anyone else." I said and before he could respond, I spoke up again. "By the way, is there an abandoned place somewhere nearby or a place that no one goes?" I asked curiously while Gaara just looked at me curious and confused.

"Yeah. I think there's a house outside the village. Why?" He said curiously. I smiled and stood up.

"Come on. I want to show you something but nobody else can know okay?" Gaara nodded and followed me.

We got to the house and it almost looked like the houses at the village. Me and Gaara went inside and I looked around.

"This'll do." I said smiling. Gaara was confused.

"Do for what?" he asked suspiciously. I smiled bigger.

"It might get a little cold for a while." I said taking off my bracelet that belonged to my mommy. I got on my knees on the floor and put the bracelet on the floor in front of me and put my hand over it.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"You'll see in a second. It'll be fun." I said pouring some of my magic into the bracelet. The next thing that happened is that frost came out covering the floor in a very fancy pattern and up the walls until it covered the ceiling and it started to snow.

Gaara seemed amazed at the sight. The snow covered the floor about two inches. His face was almost priceless.

"Haven't seen snow before?" I asked giggling. He looked at me and shook his head.

"No. It never snows in the desert." he said sadly. I looked at him confused.

"You mean, you never saw outside the desert?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No. I never really even thought of leaving." he said looking at the snow. I smiled.

"You don't have to leave you know. I might have to sooner or later though." Gaara frowned. "But I'll stay if you want me to." I said with a smile. He smiled with a blush.

"As long as we're friends, right?" he asked hopefully. I nodded with a grin.

"Yeah. Let's make a pinkie promise on that. Okay?" I said holding out my pinkie to him. He nodded with a smile.

"Okay." He said wrapping his pinkie around mine.