Chapter 22

Trigger Warnings- mention of panic attacks, swearing

Two Weeks Later. It is now mid-November.

Evan tied a bowtie around his neck, glancing at himself in the mirror. The drawing Connor made for him hung up beside the reflective surface, giving him a reminder that someone cared. Connor and Evan had decided they need to have an actual first day, especially since Evan's first day back at school.

Ugly

"Y-yeah, I know." Evan replied out loud, giving up on the tie. He settled to just wear a nice shirt, ditching the blazer. He wore ironed pants, tennis shoes on his feet. He was missing nice shoes, having to settle with the basics.

Should you even go on this date? What if you can't order for yourself? What if you spill something? What if I screw up again? What if Connor realizes he really doesn't like me anymore? Maybe Jared's old opinions are right... maybe I just can't date Connor.

Shaking his head as if it would take the thoughts from his head, Evan pulled out his phone.

{Mom (Heidi Hansen)}

Evan
Leaving soon, don't know where we're going. Let you know when we get there

A few minutes passed, Evan straightening his light brown hair and brushing his teeth in the meantime. He gazed at the tree drawing, already blushing a light red color. 'Cute' was written in big words down the trunk, a reminder Evan needed quite often.

Ever since Connor got expelled, Evan had needed to remind himself of how Connor felt. Connor was grounded and unable to see him for nearly two weeks, they hadn't even been able to text. Hence why tonight was extra special, they got to officially be alone together.

His phone lit up with two messages, they arrived at the same time.

{Mom (Heidi Hansen)}

Mom
Okay! Drive safe! Love you Evan, have fun!

Evan smile softly to himself before replying.

Evan
Thanks mom. Don't worry, Connor will make sure I don't get into anything bad.

{Texting Jared Kleinman}

Jared
Use protection ;] Also don't forget to tell every dirty detail to your insanely cool friend.

Evan
My childhood imaginary friend will hear all about it

Jared
Fuck me, you managed to burn me. Someone can me some ice

Evan
Thank you.

Jared
And you ruined it. Do tell your real friend all the details though.

Evan
Whatever Jared.

Evan shut his phone off, hurrying down the stairs. He fidgeted with the tie around his neck, despite the fact it was already on. He put on a simple jacket and shoved his wallet into his pant pocket.

He opened the door just as Connor pulled up, running down to the front steps. He could see Connor stifling a laugh in the driver's seat, his happiness becoming apparent when Evan opened the car door.

"Were you fucking waiting for me?" Connor laughed, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel.

"N-Not really. I'm just really e-excited." Evan stuttered, fiddling with his hands in his lap. Connor leaned over, gently pressing his lips on Evan's. The two boys relaxed instantly, the pit feeling of happiness swelling in their stomachs.