Surprise Visitor

I looked at my front door as a knock radiated from it. I hadn't invited anyone over and last I checked Skylar was at Whitney's for once and Jake was with Courtney. I had been looking forward to a night of peace and quiet. I had it all planned, I was going to catch up on a couple of my TV shows, maybe go for a quick run just to counter act all the shit I put in my body to stay afloat at work, eat some leftovers and fall into my bed all before 10 pm. Whoever was on the other side of my door was bound to interfere with my beautiful night of self indulgence. They knocked on the door a little harder and I groaned as I shoved myself off my couch. I had discarded my tshirt on the counter in the kitchen but I was too lazy to put it back on. Screw whoever was at the door. I was at my house, doing my thing, I didn't need to be dressed. Shit if I wanted to answer the door naked I could. I yanked my door open just as the person was about to knock.

"Oh gees you scared me." Anna said.

"Boo." I said the smallest of smiles forming on my face.

I leaned against the doorframe, watching Anna. I'd be lying if I said I was completely surprised she was at my door. We had been flirting a lot more at work and I had given her an open invitation to just come on over for a tour. She tossed her long black hair over her shoulder with a shrug, lifting both of her hands.

"I stumbled across some Chinese food and wine, care to help me eat it?" She asked.

I looked at the white plastic bag and the bottle of red wine in her hand. She had on a pair of short denim shorts and a white shirt that only made her tan skin look darker. She gave me a smile, sucking in her bottom lip suddenly looking nervous.

"I'm sorry, I should have called."

I grabbed the bag of food and the bottle of wine from her hands, stepping back against the door so she could walk in.

"It's fine, I was just about to get my ass up to cook so you saved me the trouble." I said. "How was work?"

I had left an hour after Anna had gotten there today. Overnights always sucked, they threw your schedule off and I don't know about everyone else but I had a hard time switching my sleep schedule back and forth.

"We had this woman come in right after you left, high as a kite. She overdosed on her Xanax because her husband wouldn't let her buy another tiny dog to keep in her purse. She had five already." Anna said, accepting the glass of wine I poured for her. "She was crazy. One second she was talking to invisible people, the next she was screaming we were trying to kill her."

"OD's drive my crazy." I replied.

It sounded awful but they did. When they were hallucinating it just made for even more chaos.

"Tell me about." She pulled the cartons from the bag. "I wasn't sure what you liked so I got a couple different things."

I popped a container full of egg rolls open. I could eat whatever when it came to Chinese food but egg rolls were my favorite. I opened up another carton, once again full of egg rolls.

"Don't judge me. Egg rolls are my weakness." Anna said.

I flashed her a smile. "Mine too. Good thing you got two containers."

"Three." She blushed, dropping her eyes when I raised my eyebrows at her. "I said don't judge me!"

"Oh I'm judging." I laughed. "I mean I like me some egg rolls but damn girl."

She playfully shoved me. "I also wasn't sure if Skylar would be here."

"He's at Whitney's for once." I said. "So these 3 containers are all ours."