Coasters and Confessions {15}

I walk up the sidewalk, heading towards the lit up fair.

"Come on!" I say, laughing again.

"I'm coming, I'm coming.." he grumbles.

"Yes! We're here!" I say, grinning with joy as we finally make it to the entrance.

The fair had a few coasters, and some rides. Last but not least a big Ferris wheel, with flashing lights, and over 10 carts.

We ride the rides, eat funnel cake, go on the coasters, and finally, Gabriel asks me if I want to go on the Ferris wheel.

"Yeah sure" I say, and we walk over to the giant wheel.

"Don't fall, don't die, and don't kill others" says the bored employee.

"Yes sir!" We say, and walk in to the cart.

"Wow... this is amazing..." I say, looking out onto the streets and the city before me.

"Yes.. it is.." Gabriel says, moving to my side.

...

"Hey listen... (Y/N)?" Gabriel starts.

"Yeah?" I respond.

"Uh..." he sighs, appearing to come to an agreement with himself, "I, I think that you are... amazing. You have compassion, and your brave, and you always trust people. You make me feel... different. Different from the mold people have shaped for me, and I have shaped for myself. You make me laugh, you make me want to be a better man, you make me happy." He pauses for a long breath, "(Y/N) I guess what I'm trying to say is... I really like you, and I'm asking you to be... with me"

I stand in silence.

Did he just... pour his emotions out, yes... say I make him happy, yes... say he wants me to be his girlfriend...... yes

"YES!" I scream, hugging him, "GOD DAMMIT, YES!"

"Really..?" He says, shocked. "You will?"

"Hell yes, Gabriel. Hell yes"

I hug him, and the Ferris wheel pauses, letting a person off. We are at the very top, and I can see the whole city.

I turn my head up, and move forward, catching his lips on mine in a tender kiss.

I move my head back, blushing fiercely.

"Wow... I can't believe you said yes..." Gabriel says, hugging me closer, lips landing on mine once more.

(Back at HQ)

"Hey, come look at this.. it seems like a good place for a party, right?" Morrison says, looking at Ana.

"Yes it does" Ana replies, checking through her scope. "It's got a Ferris wheel too"

...

"Well... I'll be" she says, eye still on the scope.

"What is it?" Morrison asks.

"See for yourself" Ana says in wonder.

"Holy.. wow.." he says, looking at the top cart of the Ferris wheel.

"Good catch Gabe, good catch..." Ana mutters.

"Looks like he is finally happy... for the first time in years honestly..." Morrison says, getting up from the scope.

"Don't let them know we saw" Ana tells him, "if they want to speak, they'll do it themselves"

(Ferris Wheel)

We break apart, my (E/C) eyes looking into his dark brown ones.

"Thank you for saying yes (Y/N)... I will protect you forever" he whispers to me, as we slowly begin to go down.