Love {29}

(One Year Later)

The day has finally arrived. Gabriel and I's anniversary. He plans to take me out to our favorite fancy dinner.

After getting out of the cab, I see the brightly lit restaurant. I smooth my black and silver dress down, and step through the doorway Gabriel, dressed in a sharp black suit, holds for me.

The waitress leads us to a table for two in the corner, and lights a candle in between us.  After Gabriel pulls out my chair for me, and then sits down himself, he hands me my menu. About halfway through our meals, he asks to be excused. I can see the nerves in his eyes, as he walks towards the restrooms.

(Gabriel Reyes)

I walk into the men's room, and lean on the sink. Looking at myself in the mirror, I splash a small bit of water on my face, then wipe it off with a towel.

The man washing his hands next to me gives me a knowing look.

I grab my phone out of my pocket, and dial up Hanzo.

"Hey... Hanzo?" I say after he answers.

"Yeah?" He replies.

"Umm.. you know how I told all you guys I was gonna.. you know"

"Yeah..?" He says cautiously, "your not backing down now right?"

"No! Never! I just need to... find a way to do it..."

"You can do it!" He says, reinforcing my confidence a little bit, "pretend she is like a bulls-eye!"

"Umm Hanzo... I don't want to shoot her"

"Ok... pretend she is... cake? You like cake, your goal is cake"

"Uhh.."

"Ok fine! Just do it!" He says, crossed, "do it around dessert, and make it smooth"

"Thanks... I guess, I'll tell you how it goes"

"I already know how it will go" he says, then hangs up.

(You)

I wait for Gabriel to get out of the restroom, and I gaze at the dessert menu. He is taking while.

I see him emerge, slightly less nervous.

"Hey, welcome back" I say, smiling.

"Hey.. sorry I took so long" he says, rubbing he back of his head.

"It's fine, should we look at the desserts?" I ask, "we're almost done"

"Yes, that sounds good" he replies.

He looks at the menu once more, and finds my favorite; molten lava cake.

He shows me the menu, pointing at it.

"Yesss!" I say, doing a small fist pump.

The waitress walks back over a few minutes later, and asks if we would want dessert. We nod, and order the cake.

(Gabriel Reyes)

We order (Y/N)'s favorite, a molten lava cake. My fingers wrap around the small box in my pocket, and when the cake is delivered, We dig in.

After we finish our dessert, and (Y/N) is going to the restroom, I hide the box in my pocket once more. She returns, and I pay. After getting up from the table, we walk outside.

I grab her hand, and whisper, "I love you."

She smiles, and kisses me on the cheek.

I take a deep breath, "(Y/N) (L/N)... I, absolutely love you. I cannot think of a thing that I don't like about you. I don't just love you, I adore you, I need you, I want you. I never want you to leave my side, until death do us part," I see her beautiful (E/C) eyes sparkle with happy tears, "I guess what I'm trying to say is... I cannot think of a world without you, and I would like to make sure that you stay with me forever." I slowly drop to one knee, and hold up the box, showing a beautiful diamond, with flecks of green and black. She is fully crying now, and screams yes. I take the ring and slide it on her finger. I then wrap my hands around her waist, and feel her arm around my neck. I kiss her, and hear the whole street clap and cheer.