Water {28}

(After surgery. you and Gabe share a room now. HQ is almost finished. If I start a chapter with a 'don't read till a certain time' thing, that means what it says, if it doesn't mean that... I just wanted the song there :3)

My eyes slowly open and I see the hospital room roof once more.

My eyes open all the way, as I remember why I was asleep. I look at my body and, seeing no restraints or cords, I leap up. I run towards the bathroom on unsteady legs.

"Wow..." I whisper, looking at the sides of my neck. There, right above my collarbone on both sides of my neck, are small gills, almost unnoticeable.

I fill the sink with water, and try to see if they work. I can't get them into the water.

"Angela!" I yell, sprinting down the hallway.

"Yes?" She says, popping out of her office. She sees me grinning from ear to ear, dressed in only my hospital gown. I run towards me and Gabriel's room.

"GABE!" I yell again, knocking over and over again. I still haven't gotten the key to our room.

He opens the door quickly, and sees me. His face reveals a grin much like my own, and lets me in. I open drawers, finding my clothes. While I do, Gabe stands behind me, inspecting my new gills.

"So... this is it?" He says, "wanna go test them?"

"FUCK YEAH" I say, grabbing my bikini.

We head down to the new pool after changing, and I jump right in. I try breathing, and find that I can breath as if I was out in the air. I give Gabriel a thumbs up from under the water. He jumps in after putting his stuff down. Swimming down to the bottom, he plants a soft kiss on my cheek, then continues to swim around. I stay under water for a good ten minutes, then swim up, grinning.

He pool doors burst open, and there stands Hanzo, Lena, Hana, Genji. and Zenyatta. They are all wearing swimsuits, save Zenny.

Lena and Hana, after throwing their stuff down, jump in next to me. I cover my eyes at he splash, hut laugh at them. Hanzo walks over to the deep end, and gets on the diving board.

"Ryuu ga waga teki wo kaWOOO" he yells, doing a perfect front flip into the cool blue water.

"Show off!" Genii, Hana, Lena, and I yell.

Genji told us before that, since he is a cyborg, he is able to get in water and sand, but Zen is an omnic, so he cannot. He can go in the rain and such of course, but he is not able to get into things like a pool. He simply stays by our stuff, and uses his balls like a beachball.

Genji tries to do a flip like Hanzo, but just does a back flop instead.

"Soooo... (Y/N)! SHOW US!" Hanzo yells.

I nod, and dive underwater. They are all looking at me. I swim around for like five minutes, and they swim around me, pausing for air. I do flips and such underwater, and I stay down there, looking as if I am meditating.

"Sheesh!" That was awesome!" Hana tells me once I come up, and I nod in agreement. Gabriel, ever the show off, does a double backflip perfectly into the pool, and Hanzo claps grudgingly along with us. Most of the day afterwards was judging each other's tricks in the pool, or playing Marco Polo.

We say bye, and head back to our rooms. Gabriel and I holding hands as we walk down our hallway. We head to bed, me laying literally on top of him.

"Goodnight my love" he whispers as I fall asleep.