Damage {18}

I run past the group of heroes, and go towards where I saw Gabriel chasing Widow.

I shriek in despair, as I see Gabriel lying in a dangerously large pool of his own blood. His mask had slipped sideways, and I see his mouth partly open, not breathing.

I listen for a heartbeat, relieved that there is one, however faint it might be.

"MERCY!! I NEED YOU!" I scream into my mask.

"I'm on my way! I see you!" She yells, and immediately begins to work, first pumping Gabriel's chest, and making him breath, then making me help carry him, down to her hospital room. She grabs tweezers and pulls out all of the bullets, patching up the bleeding wounds. I gag, unable to see the man I care for so much in so much pain...

After Mercy does all she can do, and Widow, Sombra, and the goons are all forced to leave as we overcome their team. Mercy and the other healers are working tirelessly to help the wounded heroes.

I sit by Gabriel, holding his hand in both of mine. I have bags under my eyes, but that doesn't stop me from staying by his side for the entirety of what happens. I feel his fingers twitch, and I look up suddenly, as his eyelids flutter.

"GABRIEL!! Gabriel.. please, come on, wake up, keep trying!" I whisper. His eyes slowly open, and I am so overcome by relief that I start sobbing. We are in our own sectioned off area, so I lean forward, and kiss him. The kiss is salty, because of my tears, but I don't care. I kiss him and he kisses me back softly.

"Gabriel... I thought I lost you!" I whisper, tears landing on his bed cloth.

"I thought I lost you..." Gabriel says hoarsely.

"Mercy! Mercy he's awake!" I call, and she runs in immediately. The relief on her face is in plain sight, as she gives him pills and patches up his wounds again.

After doing that, she leaves us alone again.

"It's all my fault..." I whisper, more tears dropping from my eyes onto his bedsheets.

"Why on earth would you say that?!" Gabriel asks, voice still hoarse from not using it in three days.

"If I hadn't of told you to chase her yourself... and if I had helped instead of regrouping... you wouldn't be like this.." I tell him, covering my face in my hands.

"No no, it wasn't your fault.. if you hadn't regrouped everyone, we wouldn't have beaten them, plus me and a lot of people would be a lot worse." Gabriel says, taking my hands from my face, gently, and pressing them to his lips.

"I-I guess so..." I sniffle.

"I know so" he smiles at me. "Now, get some sleep, have you been here the whole time?" I nod and he sighs, "go to sleep (Y/N).. I'll be here when you wake up, I promise.

I nod, and go to the beds that were prepared for people staying with patients, who wanted to stay right by them. As soon as my head hit the pillows, I was fast asleep.

"See you when you awake (Y/N), I promise" Gabriel says quietly.