22

happy 10k !

...

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!" they sang as jimin was sat at the kitchen table, crown on with a smile.

"happy birthday, dear jimin. happy birthday to you!" they cheered. hoseok flicked the lights on as soon as jimin made a wish and blew out the candles.

"what'd you wish for?" yoongi smiled, kissing jimin's cheek.

jimin blushed and pushed him away. "it's not going to come true if i tell you, yoongs. that's the most basic rule ever," he scoffed.

"be nice," his mother warned. "now, sadly, i have to go to work. unfortunately i couldn't get the entire day off, but half of it. I'll see you tomorrow, babe." she leaned down and gave jimin a kiss on the head.

"can they sleep over?" jimin asked before she fully left.

"yoongi sleeps on the floor, got it? i may be an easy-going mother, but i will not have my son ass f—"

"okay, mom!" he laughed nervously. "have fun at work!"

hoseok began to chuckle into his hand. "she almost said ass f—"

"can you calm your boyfriend down, namjoon?" seokjin groaned. "and unfortunately i have to go back to university tomorrow so i won't be able to stay the night."

jimin sighed. "it's okay," he said, standing up and giving seokjin a hug.

"but these nitwits can." seokjin rolled his eyes at them. "bye, jimin, and happy birthday. call me!" he said, leaving the house.

"so that leaves the four of us? what should we do?"

"each other?" namjoon suggested. they all gave him a scolding look. "what? we're all with our significant other, so it's bound to lead to—"

"i'll pull out the board games!" jimin said, going into the living room to get the games from the closet.

"wait! you're not going to cut the cake?" yoongi asked. "i made it myself," he frowned.

"i'm not very hungry. and soccer drained me, so i'll eat a piece later," jimin smiled. he came back into view with a stack of games.

"you better. i didn't homemake this entire thing for nothing," he crossed his arms.

"don't lie. you just got cake mix at the store and decorated it," hoseok laughed. yoongi groaned and pretended to punch him.

"so let's play a game!" jimin said. "monopoly?"

"that game literally take hours and hours to finish." yoongi shook his head.

"sorry?"

"why are you apologizing?" hoseok chuckled.

"you're so dumb, hoseok, i can't function," namjoon laughed. "he means the game."

"we could play yahtzee?" yoongi suggested. "actually, never mind, we can save that for the future."

"how about 'the game of life'?" jimin pulled up an old cardboard box up.

...

"i don't want more kids! i already have two boys and a girl! and my fucking husband is being forced to go back to college! this game sucks." jimin chuckled at yoongi who was whining the entire way. mostly at the fact he always got caught on the misfortunes instead of going up.

at the moment, hoseok was the closest to finish. "stop being a sore loser, yoongi." hoseok played with his plastic green car that was filled with only two kids.

"i quit," yoongi groaned and stood up. "i'm starving, jimin, cut the cake."

"you're really going to boss your boy around? at least do it with class," hoseok hummed, turning to namjoon. "go get me some orange juice."

"eat shit," namjoon said.

"actually, jimin, come to the kitchen with me please," yoongi asked in sing-song tone of voice.

jimin sighed. he stood up from his seat on the floor. he followed yoongi into the kitchen where he was currently licking the frosting from the cake off his finger.

"that's unsanitary," jimin chuckled, going to the silverware draw. he pulled out a cake knife as yoongi wrapped his arms around jimin's small petite frame.

"yoongi?" jimin said softly.

"hm?"

"i have a knife in my hand," he chuckled softly.

yoongi rolled his eyes and took the knife, placing it onto the counter far away from them. he turned jimin around to face him. he smiled as he leaned in and connected their lips softly.

jimin's eyes widened at the sudden contact. he pulled away, making a soft wet noise. "what was that for?" he giggled and released himself from yoongi's tight grasp.

he walked over to the stove where the cake was placed and grabbed the knife on his way.

"why not?" he asked, watching jimin cut the vanilla cake.

"we're not even dating."

"well, i was kinda hoping if you'd be willing to change that?" he smiled. jimin dropped the knife into the counter making a loud clanking sound.

"wh-what?" he looked at yoongi who had an innocent smile on his face.

"park jimin, would you be my boyfriend?"