Chapter 11

Keep supporting my story! <3

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Part 7

Ch.11

               When the Crown Prince returned home, he was shocked to see his brother, Collin, already home. “Where have you been Collin?” questioned Lance.

“I paid a visit to Jane. How about you?” returned Collin sitting down on a step of the massive marble staircase?

               “The same.” replied Lance turning his head to see a servant walking in. Collin’s eyes quickly caught onto two little red marks on Lance’s neck. Suddenly Collin felt a hint of jealousy at the thought that Jane and his brother were that close to each other. Collin had always loved Jane, and when Jane chose his brother over him, his heart broke. It was only healed when Jane broke the engagement and separated herself from the royal family except for him. Now the mere thought of Lance and Jane ever renewing those feelings enraged him.

               “Lance, what in the world is on your neck?” questioned Collin loudly, standing up at peering at his brother’s neck.

               Lance batted Collin’s hand away, covering his neck with his shirt collar. “It is nothing just bug bites.”

               “No, these are fang marks. Oh good gods, you let Jane feed off of you, didn’t you? “ shouted Collin.

               “Well”

               “What, did I hear?” shouted a voice. Lance and Collin looked up to see their mother at the top of the staircase looking utterly furious.

               “Mother, it is nothing.”

               “Lance, Collin, come see me in my studies immediately!” stormed the Queen. She quickly turned on her heels and marched off.

               The Queen’s study was a large room with tall wooden bookshelves lining two walls with a large marble desk in the corner next to a large window draped with deep purple curtains pulled to the side to allow sunlight in. As soon as the two sons reached their mother’s study and closed the door, she slapped both of them. “Lance, let me see your neck.” demanded the Queen turning his head and looking at the two marks on his neck. “You disgust me, my son. I thought you were better than this. It’s because you still have feelings for her don’t you? Lance, Jane will lead you to your own demise. You have to dismiss all your pass feelings for her. There is no longer a way the two of you to ever be together now that she has found out what she really is.” explained the Queen. “Lance, you must understand this. Besides, Jane was the one that broke the engagement. She no longer loves you.”

               “Yes mother, I understand. I no longer have any feelings for her.” replied Lance, flinching at the mentioning of a hurtful memory.” It won’t happen again.”

               The Queen nodded her head in approval, but turned to Collin. “You, Collin, never announce such a thing out loud. Do you wish to endanger your brother’s reputation like yours? “You have been neglecting your duties with the guard for two months now. Instead, you’ve have been seen out partying. Aaron has been taking over your meetings ever since he came back. Lance has been the one leading them on the patrols. Because of your foolish attitude, your brothers have more responsibilities to worry about. Why can’t you be like your older brothers and do your job? You disgrace this family.”

               “Yes Mother, I understand completely. I will stop my foolish antics.” muttered Collin, grimacing as he rolled his eyes.

               “Very well, both of you are dismissed.” stated the Queen, turning. “Don’t let me hear of this again. And Collin, watch your attitude.”

               “As soon as the two princes walked out, the King silently walked in, and shut the door behind him. “What happened now, Arianne?”

               The Queen turned around to look at her husband and sighed. “Collin has been neglecting his duties. Lance went to see Jane, and allowed her to drink his blood!”

               “What!  How dare she? Collin can be dealt with later. This will be a problem if Lance continues. Can you just imagine what will happen to his standing? It’s already dangerous enough having a vampire as a Grand Duchess and keeping it a secret from the people.”

               “That is what I’m worried about. I see Jane and him scowling at one another, but when she turns, I see the pained look in my son’s eyes. I should’ve killed her that night fifteen years ago. Now she’s inciting rebellions by killing Elise and leading the crown prince around by toying with his feelings for her.”

               “What done is done. All we can do now is be careful. We will post spies in her castle to watch her. Maybe we can discover her plans. We may also find evidence of the murder.”

               The Queen sighed and nodded. “That brat, who does she think she is? Too bad we can’t just kill her and rid us of this nuisance. So many things are at stake, Lance’s future as king, Aaron and Collin’s marriage to princesses of powerful families. That one demon can ruin all that we have worked so hard to achieve.”

               The King put an arm over his wife’s shoulder and whispered. “Maybe we can kill her.”

               The Queen gave her husband a questioning look. “What are you thinking? We can’t simply assassinate her. She’s a dominant figure in this court. She can’t just mysteriously fall down dead. Elise’s death nearly ruined the whole economy of this nation. Another death like that would surely cripple the country. With Andorra in ruins, we can’t afford this.”

               “Well, what if her country killed her? What if her country condemned her to death?” smiled the King pacing around the room. “Just have the spy...”

               “Place evidence in her castle that will frame her of the murder of Duchess Elise. The she would be charged of a crime punishable by death.”

               “Exactly, my darling.”

               “Very well, I shall see to this spy. We will have her sent soon.” laughed the Queen, pouring two glasses of red wine and handing one to her husband. ”A toast to the death of the Demon Grand Duchess Jane, may she join the rest of her clan who were killed fifteen years ago.”

**********************************************************************************************************

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Thank you for supporting me this far!! Please VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

Fighting !   o|。◕ェ◕。|ツ