I Only Have Time For The Kid

Requested By ExtraordinarySarah

Sorry I took so long girl, I've been so wrapped up in writing 'Under The Cherry Moon'. Enjoy!

*Sarah's POV*

I was sitting by the lake, just staring out at the water. I sigh at the peace and quiet, just thinking about how great things are. Well as great as they can get, my father owns First Avenue so I get to go in there and watch all the performers which I love doing because music is a passion of mine. I hope to get in the industry one day, which is how I met The Kid. He is a regular performer at the club with his band, The Revolution. Nobody knows but we've been secretly seeing each other for a little while now, I think he'd get in trouble by my father if he found out.

Speaking of The Kid, he nudges my arm.

"Hey, Girl Interrupted...I'm talking to you." He calls out to me.

I chuckle, turning my attention towards him. I place my hand on his cheek and he smiles.

 I place my hand on his cheek and he smiles

"Yes? What were you saying?" I ask.

"I was asking if you're gonna watch me perform tonight?" He asks.

"Of course! Why would I miss it?" I scoff.

"Oh gee I don't know, in case you had better things to do." He says sarcastically.

I glare at him and shove him, causing him to fall onto his back. He sits back up while laughing, throwing grass at me.

"You know I wouldn't miss it, I'll always be in the front row dancing away." I say.

"I know, I was just messing with you. And one day you'll be up on that stage, I'll help you get up there." He smiles, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into his warm embrace.

I smile, laying my head on his shoulder. He lays his head on top of mine, I sigh and soak up the moment as we have to leave soon.

"You really think so?" I ask.

"I know so. Sarah, you have an amazing voice and your dancing is out of this world. You amaze me with your skills and not many people impress me, you know that." He says with confidence.

He helps me to my feet, taking my hand in his as we walk to his bike. He gets on, he looks back at me.

"If I had it my way, you'd be singing with me tonight." He smiles.

" He smiles