Lay Down Your Funky Weapon

Requested by uniquequeen12

*Prince's POV*

I was walking around one of my nightclubs that I own in town, just checking the place out and seeing how things were going. Seeing if the staff I hired are capable of running it, I only recently opened it last week. It's called 'Glam Slam'. I'm not someone who has time to continuously stop by and run the joint so I need to make sure the people I hired can handle this, I put my trust in these people and they told me they have experience so I hope they're not lying to me.

I was behind the bar checking sales when Tony comes by, I look up from the register.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask.

Tony sits on a stool and looks around.

"This place is nice, could use more people though." He comments.

I scratch my head, he's not wrong.

"Yeah, I know. I've been calling friends to come perform but they ain't answering and I've got some girls that wanna make their musical debut but they're too scared too scared to perform before crowds just yet...I don't know what to do yet. I don't have the time to perform myself all the time. I have a tour to prepare for." I sigh, looking around.

Tony taps his fingers on the coaster he's playing with before snapping his fingers. My eyes widen.

"I know! What about Queen?" Tony asks.

I furrow my brows, putting down the clipboard.

"What?" I ask.

Tony chuckles, pulling out a flyer. Putting it down in front of me, I pull it towards me to get a better look.

"Queen, the Columbian Artist. The Professional Dancer..." Tony explains but I put my hand up to stop him, a smirk playing on my lips as I chuckle.

"Please Tony, I know who Queen is...I mean who doesn't? She's on every magazine, she's started every dance trend that I see everyone on the streets doing...all the teenagers and kids are wearing her clothes, she even makes her own clothes. What's your point?" I ask.

Tony stands, leaning in.

"Why don't you ask her to make an appearance here? Once everyone sees she's performed here...everyone will know this club is THE club to be at." He suggests.

I cross my arms over my chest, glaring at him.

"What are you saying, Tony? That me physically being in the club isn't enough for anyone to come in?" I scoff.

Tony rolls his eyes.

"No that's not what I meant, well..." He scratches his head.

I raise my eyebrows, he holds up his hands like he's defending punches.

"I meant...you sneak in here, no one even knows you're here when you come in. Maybe if you go up on stage and say hello to everyone and wish them a good night maybe that'll get a rise up out of them and they'll get them to invite more people because they know you're physically in the club." He explains.

I take in what he said, I uncross my arms. That's not a bad idea, I nod and go up on stage. The crowd starts to cheer loud, I smile and wave.

"Hey guys, how are you all doing tonight?" I ask.

Everyone throws their hands in the air and cheers, I nod and chuckle.

"That's what I like to hear, drinks are on me tonight. Have a fun night." I wave one last time and everyone goes wild.