Speed Dating

Requested by BluebellaMortimer
I was really excited by this idea, I think this is my favourite Imagine by far. Enjoy!

*Amy's POV*

Let me explain a little bit about myself, I'm a successful businesswoman. I'm invested in my work, I live alone and have awesome friends. But my friends think the problem is that I am alone...I've been single for a long time now. I complain about that occasionally, when I get dragged to nights out and I'm usually the third or fourth wheel, all my friends are in relationships and are either engaged or married and ones even expecting a baby. But then there's lil ol me who's single and working hard and living alone.

I was having a night in at home having a movie marathon but the girls think it's great to have a girls night so I thought why not? I get ready and meet them in the lobby of my building, we get in the cab and pull up to a fancy building. I furrow my brows, I turn to them.

"What's this? A restaurant?" I ask.

"That's one way to put it." One of my friends, Elena, snickers.

I squint my eyes at her, they push me inside. They line up and write their names on some sort of form, putting my name down too and stick a name tag on my chest. My eyes widen and I look at the tag before looking up at them.

"What the hell is this?" I ask before looking up at the banner, that reads "Minneapolis Fun Night Of Speed Dating!"

I roll my eyes and groan in frustration, I got played for this bullshit?

"Before you try and tear us a new whole Amy...give it a go. You might meet some cool guys. Plus we're doing it too so you're not alone, and we're all in relationships. So technically we're going behind our guys backs for you." Elena explains.

"Yeah don't dog us." Felicity scoffs.

I sigh.

"Fine, but I won't enjoy this. I can guarantee you, this speed dating crap never works. May as well try the internet." I scoff.

We all go sit down at our tables, the clock starts and the men sit down.

A tall guy sits in front of me, he's decent looking. Blonde hair, blue eyes. He looks like a surfer, got a lot of muscles on him.

"Hey." He says.

"Hello." I reply with a small smile.

It was going well until he said he only likes women who makes their priority gym sessions, no thank you. You'd be lucky to get me out of bed on my days off work.

Ding. Next.

"Hello, my name is Anthony. I'm a Neurosurgeon." He smiles.

"Nice to meet you, Anthony. I am Amy, I am a lawyer." I smile back.

He frowns, then goes on to tell me a story of how his brother went to jail because of a crappy lawyer his brother had and we sat in silence for the rest of our time together. This is going extremely well, I should have stayed at home.

Next.

"Hello there, Jerome is my name, love is my game. If you ain't got no money I love you just the same." The guy says with a smirk on his face.

Well someone's got quite the sense of humour.

"Hello, Amy is the name, you're quite confident aren't you?" I smirk.

Jerome chuckles, leaning forward. Taking my hand in his, kissing the back of it softly.

"Life's too short not to be, sweetheart." He says.