The Greatest Romance

Requested by Latrice1902

*Grace's POV*

I had just gotten home, I never have plans or anything so I'm just in front of my tv...watching  Ned And Stacey. Sipping on wine, having a laugh to myself until my phone rings. I sigh as I reach over and grab it, I answer it.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Grace...you better not be watching Ned And Stacey again." My friend, Megan, says.

I scoff.

"Good evening to you too, how are you Grace? Oh I'm great thank you? Work was great, I landed another brilliant client and possibly up for a promotion." I roll my eyes as I mock her tone.

Megan chuckles sarcastically.

"How rude of me, that's wonderful news, Grace. Congrats." She says.

"Thank you, Meg." I say.

"But seriously, get off your lonely sad ass. We're going out." She demands.

I frown.

"What? First of all...where? Second of all...no." I say.

"What? Why would you ask where then say no?" She asks.

"Because every time you take me out you try and hook me up with somebody. It's getting annoying." I groan in annoyance.

I've been alone for awhile now since my last relationship ended, he cheated. He had been seeing someone for the last six months into the end of our relationship and I didn't know about it until the day of a funeral I had to go to, what a day to admit you're seeing someone else right? And the asshole had the nerve to tell me it was my fault, and I believed him! Two years of my life I'll never get back. I've had trust issues ever since, and I haven't been in a relationship for over a year.

"Oh Grace, I'm not going to hook you up with anyone. As much as I'd like to, I'm not gonna. Tonight's just a girls night with music, Jazz Club." She offers.

I raise an eyebrow.

"What is it with you and that Jazz Club?" I ask.

There was a moment of silence over the phone before she spoke again.

"I just like the music there, and the drinks are so reasonably priced. Everywhere else we go it's over the top expensive, I ain't paying nearly twenty bucks for a drink that I'll finish in two gulps." She scoffs.

I chuckle, true. Prices for drinks at bars these days are ridiculous.

"Alright fine. I'll come, but I swear if you send a man my way I'm gonna throw you towards him. See how Marty will feel about that." I threaten.

"Oh my god, don't be such a spoil sport. I'm not gonna do anything, I promise." She says.

"I'll meet you there." I say.

I hang up.

Oh great, now I have to actually get up and make an effort to get ready. I just wanted a night in. I fix my hair and put make up on, finding a nice purple dress and putting that on along with heels. I lock up my apartment and head down to the lobby.

Once I'm at the club I spot Megan, I walk up to her and she greets me with a smile.

"Gracie." She hugs me.

"Megan. This club is actually going off tonight." I comment.

"Yeah, I think this is the busiest I've ever seen it. I wonder what's going on." She shrugs.