Chapter V - My date carries a tinted yellow dagger

After the incident in the bathroom, all I wanted to do was just read a book written in Spanish, the only language I could read and understand.It's hard for me to not just spill the story to Tom, but at the same time,I knew how to tell a little white lie.

But Tom didn't seem to care that I was gone for a long time.As soon as he saw me, he grabbed my hand and danced with me for a long time.I had time.My curfew was midnight.It was only nine o'clock.

After a half hour of dancing, he say me down at a table, and we ordered some appetizers, mozzarella sticks and cheese fries.I remembered what Sky said about the appetizers, not to eat too many, especially the mozzarella sticks.I ate a small amount of cheese fries, and started to make a small conversation with Tom.He seemed so interested in me.When I told him about my, disorders, and me having no family, he seemed to understand.I liked talking to him.We had so much in common, that I almost didn't notice his tinted yellow dagger peeking out of his shirt sleeve.Almost.

"What's that ?,I say pointing at it."I asked, really curious.

"What's what?"he said, obviously playing stupid.

"The yellow tinted dagger thing."I said.

"You can see it?"he said, clearly showing the awe in his voice.

"Of course, who can't?"I asked, looking at him with worry.

He lowered his voice, "Mortals."

Ok, this was kinda creepy.Then, out of nowhere, he just kissed me.I was melting when Sky and Alex grabbed me and Tom and led us out of the party.