➸ EIGHT

Hello! How was your morning? Mine was overwhelming, I woke up to 500 FREAKING READS. When I first published just the first chapter I was like 100% thinking no would ever read this BUT NOPE I WAS WRONG. Damn.

Shoutout to Love_and_Kalopsia !! Her book is so freaking good and I fell in love with it immediately! Please go show some love to her, if that's not too much to ask. Thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting on my book! I can't explain how much it means to me even if it's a little comment, I appreciate it all!

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna. But I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

We sat at a light grey, marbled styled table at the back of the café. I could really see the details of the café more clearer now that people weren't crowed in here. It smelt like fresh mint and not like sweat mixed with bad breath as it did last time I was here.

It wasn't sunny at all today. It was cloudy but still bright outside, as if the sun's light rays are still managing to fight through the threatening clouds.

That faint brightness was lighting up the café from the massive windows covering the walls. The brightness was shining on the right side of Nathan's face, highlighting his strong but sometimes soft features. His vibrant green eyes were shining brighter, it was like they finally weren't filled with worry, stress and anger.

They looked peaceful as he read through the menu, debating on what he wanted to order. I sat here with my book in my hands, supposedly reading when really I was admiring him. I'm not sure if he could feel my glances from time to time but if he did, he didn't acknowledge it.

I felt like a creep, just looking at him but I couldn't help it. My eyes were drawn to him as if they'd figure out this mystery sitting in front of me just by staring.

The bell coming from the door rang as a new customer walked in, causing me to snap out of my gaze. I looked over and saw a mother and her son. The mother looked beyond stressed as she was struggling to hold the little boy's backpack and her own purse on her arms and then to top it off, some little car toys she carried in her hands. She set the toys in front of the boy as he sat there looking at his mother in wonder.

She had frown lines, tired eyes and messy hair. She rubbed her face harshly and looked down at her hands sighing. She looked wanly, beaten down and my heart went out to her as I suddenly grew a connection with this woman I've never met before.

She kissed his forehead and went to order, leaving the boy at a table close to her.

The boy didn't care about his toys, he was too busy focusing on the gum ball machine just inches away from our table. As his mother was looking at the menu and fumbling with her purse, he slid out of his chair and walked over to the machine.

Nathan's eyes averted from the menu to the boy was now beside him, looking at the gum ball machine with want.

Nathan reached into his pocket and pulled out a quarter, reaching his hand out to the kid, gesturing at him to take it. The boy gave a toothily smile and took it, then walked over and reached in for a hug.