➸ SIXTY

We're at 60 chapters, you guys... that's so crazy.

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively Castillo

"He's still in a very vulnerable state and just like you, his memory is slowly coming back to him..." Darren's voice faded away as I stood in front of him trapped in my own anxiety.

I've wished for this moment countless of times but now that he's right behind the door in front of me, fully conscious, I felt the need to run right back out of this building. What if he doesn't want to see me? What if he's not how I remembered him to be? Or well, half remembered him to be.

"Hey," I felt Nathan grab my face and turn my head up to look at him. "If you aren't ready, you don't have to go in there yet. But just know he's been asking for you every chance he can get." He gives me a little pep talk and I nod at him.

"No it's okay."" I give him a reassuring glance and everyone else backs away from the door so that I could have my privacy. "I'm ready," I give him a small smile followed by a short kiss. I walked around Nathan who was guarding the door then without hesitation, I opened the door.

Because of the way the room was set up, I didn't see him until I walked down a short hallway that then lead into a huge room.

I heard voices already and I knew it was just the nurse and Aiden conversing and at first I only heard the nurses the voice— but once I heard his, my body locked in place and I didn't move any further. I was already tearing up before I could even catch a glimpse of him, and I wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

"Looks like you have a visitor," the young nurse came into my view with a warm smile, holding her hand to me to let me know it was okay to continue walking into the room.

"Is it Darren again? Tell him I don't want any more god damn spring rolls." I heard him groan which only made me chuckle out of confusion. Spring rolls?

The nurse rolled her eyes playfully. "No, someone better." She winked at me then exited the room. All I needed to do was take a step further and I knew he was now curious and waiting for me to enter.

Before he could say anything I walked into the room quickly before I had any second thoughts and ran straight out. I nervously looked up at him with tear filled hazel eyes— which only matched his.

"Thalia," he whispered to himself. Before I could even react, he ripped out the wires attached to him and left his bed which threw me into a spiral of worry.

"Aiden, no, what are you doing!" I exclaim and try to push him back into his bed but he engulfed me in a hug before I could do so.

"Thalia," he repeated, this time choking on his words as he started crying too. "I thought they were lying when they said you were alive," he hugs me tighter, almost like if he let go I'd disappear into thin air.

"I lived majority of this year thinking you were dead," I say softly, my voice wavering as I spoke.

"What?" He pulls back slightly and sees me break down in front of him.