➸ FORTY TWO

Heyooo, there's going to be a part two to this chapter— this is part one! Enjoy my loves.

Thalia's dress ^

Thalia's dress ^

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

The boys weren't at school today again, but this time I was more disappointed because I was looking forward to seeing Nathan. It was his birthday after all. I accidentally left my phone at home all day too, which was the worst part of today— other than also barely seeing Riley since she was too busy studying for two tests she had today. I entered my house only to be welcomed to a heavenly mixture of different food scents, making me subconsciously walk/run into the kitchen.

"That smells so good, what are you making Nonna––" I stopped talking once my eyes set themselves onto the cook in the kitchen, that was definitely not Nonna. "Did you break into my house or something? Where's Nonna?" I asked, being suspicious as to how he even got in.

"No I didn't break in, Heidi called me over to help make food for Nathan's party at his house." Carter explained while keeping half of his focus still on his creation, and the other half was on me as his eyes trailed down my choice of clothing. "Having a rough day?" He joked and I looked down at my sweatpants and large hoodie that devoured by body completely.

"I guess you can say that, no one showed up at school other than Riley who I didn't even get to see this whole day. I woke up with the biggest headache ever and even forgot my phone at home– so yeah today sucked for me." I said while slumping down on one of the kitchen island chairs. I felt drained of energy since this whole day my brain has been trying to keep up with an outrageous amount of work all day, and overall I just felt tired. 

"Emmett and Austin were called into work early today because Sam needed them, Ethan's at Nathan's house probably annoying him to death and I've been making Nathan a cake." He nodded his head towards the fridge, which spiked my curiosity, making me open the fridge to see a huge chocolate cake that you'd only see in movies. It had designs carved all around it making it look professionally done. "I was bored this morning and Bethany ordered me to make a cake for the pre-party she's throwing for Nathan– that's happening like right now." He explained as he looked at his watch.

"What, there's a pre-party?" I questioned, just now hearing about it.

"Yeah, c'mon go change while I finish this up and we'll head over together. Oh and remember that right after we finish at Nathan's house, we're going out for his birthday so dress accordingly." He informed me and I blinked, thinking about how nice it would be to be Carter, he literally has everything figured out all the time. I wonder what it's like to be so calm and collected, I envy that about him. Oh what I would do to have a full day of no worries or concerns getting the best of me, but rather handling them calmly and wisely– like Carter does.