➸ SIXTY FOUR

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

Before anyone says anything, I know it's been years since I wrote. Hopefully I'm forgiven by the time I finish the book... I miss you tho (your fav toxic author).

—————

Thalia Lively Castillo

No one was fazed by the gunshot. No one flinched. No one blinked. No one cared.

Griffin made his way to the scene, but not after giving me a deathly stare that burned right into my soul. I don't know why he suddenly had a change of character towards me, it could be the stress of tonight overcoming him or he sees me as a potential threat.

I subconsciously followed in Griffin's footsteps that led to a dead body accompanied by Aiden standing above it in an empty room, with no care in the world. Aiden looked up at me immediately and made his way towards me.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He scanned my body for injuries.

"No, I'm fine." I tried to reassure him but he seemed way too concerned to care about my response. I tried my best to stop myself from looking at the body, fear rushed through my spine down to my finger tips, this was getting real. It makes me wonder if I've been lost in a false reality this whole time.

"I don't know why this son of a bitch was alive for this long anyway," he looked over at the body with disgust.

"I told you to keep your composure." Darren's voice came from the corner of the room. Darren didn't look angry, just disappointed. His sentence seemed like it was said way too many times in the past. Like it was a rehearsed line.

"And I told you to make sure no one found out about her." Aiden came back quick.

"It was inevitable that people were going to find out about her, be realistic. Plus with her apart of us now, how the hell do you suppose we keep her hidden? Unless you want to send her away, like I did for you last time." He walks around Aiden, looking down at the body with no care in the world. "This time, she'll just remember everything that happened. It's up to you Aiden." He says calmly while making direct eye contact with Aiden who was fuming, staring back at him.

"You gave me your word you'd protect her, that didn't mean sending her away and that's sure as hell not what I want now. She can't be away from me, not anymore." Aiden's voice was strong and commanding but I could tell there was more emotion waiting to seep into his words.

"I was protecting her," Darren was quick to come back. "I did everything I could to protect her, she's one of my own too, what don't you understand? But you're thinking selfishly Aiden, like always. You can't hide her from the world, she's already in it, she's living this life whether you like it or not." Darren brought down his tone and his shoulders dropped as if he was letting go of an any subconscious tension holding onto him.

"I can try," Aiden said softly while looking at me. "Dad was wrong for involving you when you were young, you were just a kid, you shouldn't have seen what you have in your lifetime." He looks down while his eyes wander back to the body. "Get rid of him," he walked away from the body and to a near by table with liquor sitting patiently near empty glasses.

Griffin dragged the body out of the room and kicked the door closed on his way out.

"What do you mean dad involved me young? What have I seen?" I ask Aiden, although I briefly remember my father, I only remember some of the good times, none of the bad.