➸ FOURTEEN

Hey, how are you doing? I'm not so great, school starts tomorrow for me and I want to die. I'm a bit worried that it'll take up my time and prevent me from writing but I'm so passionate about this book and you readers so I will try my best to update as many times as I can. Read the authors note at the bottom when you're done reading the chapters please, please, please!

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

I waited for Riley to speak as we both sat on her bed tiredly, getting no sleep from last nights unfortunate events.

I still haven't gotten the full explanation, there were empty gapes in the story. For example, why was Riley's lip busted? Where did her supposed friend Megan go? Where was the owner of the house? What did James mean when he accused Nathan of killing someone?

Questions have been running through my head all night and I couldn't sleep not knowing what was happening at the hospital. I can imagine Carter and Nathan slept at the hospital, waiting for Austin's, Emmett's and Ethan's results. I wish I was there, I hate sitting here all antsy, not knowing what the hell is going on.

"When we first got there, it was fine." Riley started, looking her hands as she spoke. I stayed silent and let her speak, I want her to let it all out and just let her know that I'm here if she needs me.

"Megan and I just immediately joined the party and danced on the dance floor. I think about like forty minutes later she told me she was going to get us drinks but I said that I didn't want anything to drink." She looked up at me for the portion of her explanation and I nodded in approval.

"So she left and then I saw Ethan and he made me dance with him. Then Austin came and started dancing with us." She started breathing heavily and I rubbed her knee, wishing I could somehow enter her brain and see everything for myself so she wouldn't have to say it out loud. "We danced but then Carter came out of no where and grabbed the guy's and told them something in their ear, then he just hugged me and went somewhere. So then I went to look for Megan because she was taking way too long, I went to the kitchen first but she wasn't there so I went upstairs."

She paused taking a minute, like she was replaying everything in her head. She hugged the pillow closer her chest and stuffed her face in it.

"I went through the rooms and stopped once I heard James. They were talking about going after Ethan and something about how they'll go for the rest once 'he' gets out." My eyebrows furrowed at the new information.

"Then I heard them moving around in the room so I just left and went downstairs before they could've caught me, so I ran downstairs to tell Ethan but I found Carter first. I told him and then he told me to leave before anything happened and I was so close to getting out of there but then this guy grabbed me." She took her face out of the pillow and fell back onto her bed, facing the ceiling blankly.

"He kept trying to kiss me and he kept touching me and grabbing me. Nothing happened though, Ethan and Emmett ran past us and stopped once they saw me struggling. Emmett pulled him off of me and then Ethan tried to pull him away nicely but he swung at Ethan. So they fought and then more of that guy's friends came, Emmett pushed Ethan away and took his place in the fight. They all went at him and he was doing well at first but more people just kept coming." She rubbed her eyes, trying to wipe away the image. She kept her hands covering her eyes, sighing deeply as she continues the story.